Why my boat was named Solo

Notices

Why my boat was named Solo

Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 AM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Why my boat was named Solo

I have owned now about 18 boats in my day, 2nd last one was a 390 Sea Ray EC called SOLO, traveled 1/2 the great loop alone with great results. Solo was named because every boat I owned I could never get any body to help me. But when it hits the water they tried to pile on to abuse the vessal and owner. I have had enough of excusses why friends can not help me. No call and no show is what i call my friends.
Since all this happened again, I will not go to the jacksonville poker run with my Bertram. Just had enough of what I call Friends or team or what ever you want to call them.
I just can not push this hard any more without a breakdown. Age has won the battle.
Sorry for venting, but this is fact for me over 25 years now. ouch

I know I must be the only one here with this problem.

B38
Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya, I am a younger dude(30). Same thing happens with my boat, my dads. When ever we need help, it seems everyone is to busy to lend a hand or offer anything. But best be know when it is running they are waiting in line to go out. Seems we always help help help at the drop of a hat, but we need to literally beg for some when we need it. Your not alone lol.

John jr
Old 05-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you need new friends. Mine always help out when docking, anchoring, or whatever else I need during the day. 90% of them stay to help clean and cover the boat at the end of the day too. Weed out the mooches and you'll be a lot happier. By the way, I'm jealous about you doing the great loop. Never been into cruisers but I will do that one day.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dropped any expectations of help with my boat really quick. It's just me (and whoever I pay) sweating and bleeding on it and that's fine with me. It's still well worth it.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lose the expectations, and with that will come less frustrations. It's your boat, your responsibility. I've come to this conclusion many years ago. And it works. Hell, when people ask me if they can help, I usually instruct them to meet me at the bar, because the wife and I have it down to a science and can finish our duties faster and more to our satisfaction than anyone else can. Never mind the fact that I like to wrench and detail alone, whereby you can devote everything the utmost attention without any distractions or 20 questions. I invite friends for company, not labor. It's not like I'm ever going to go over to one of my buddy's houses and mow their lawn before a BBQ that I'm invited to, I see the boat as no different.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Damn man (B38)!! This will be my first trip to Jacksonville for the Poker Run. I am not to excited about it, but, was really looking forward to seeing your Bertram up close. I love the old school classics. I generally boat alone or with one lucky individual for the very reason you described. Those folks that are trying to bum a ride aren't your friends. Friends are the ones that show up when chit hits the fan and offer any assistance, if only moral support , in your time of need. I say screw em. I will be in Jacksonville Thursday around noon if I can get the tribe moving early. Come on down or up. I will be happy to help you unload and load your boat as will others i'm sure. don't let the mooches ruin a perfectly good boating weekend. The weather looks good. PM me if I can help. Bob
Old 05-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 AM
B38
Registered

thanks for the smile Dave
I may still go since it is all paid for. Just less people

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 AM
B38
Registered

Quote below sounds like a team, hmmmm, I am SOLO on everything. You want to beat my boat, put up or shut up as they say. or better yet, gas,grass,or @ss need only board. LOL

because the wife and I have it down to a science and can finish our duties faster and more to our satisfaction than anyone else can.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
It's not like I'm ever going to go over to one of my buddy's houses and mow their lawn before a BBQ that I'm invited to, I see the boat as no different.
Nice Analogy........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.