Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Wide Load permits and driving on Sunday >

Wide Load permits and driving on Sunday

Notices

Wide Load permits and driving on Sunday

Old 05-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run the boat up the coast to North Carolina, have someone drive the rig there and it's a straight tow across to Nashville. LOL
Old 05-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Taking the safe route with all my permits and hanging around until Monday... Got a great invite from John O to run Sunday out of Palatka (sp??) up to some springs that are suppose to be awesome so not going to chance the Sunday thing. Thanks for all the responses...
Smart move. Watch out for the crab traps on your way to Silver Glen Springs. they will tear up a Herring or two. We are leaving my friends Skater in Jacksonville at a friends shop. That gives us a reason to go back the first of June, drag to TNT in Miami, then off to Islamorada for a few days. I'm glad you chimed in Danny (Heavyhauler) with the info on towing wide loads. I would have got myself in deep chit trying to drag a 36 Skater on Sunday in Florida.
Thats the great thing about the poker runs and networking. You tend to meet people with common interests and make connections that allow you to live the lifestyle. I'm looking forward to checking out your cat.

Bob

Last edited by bulletbob; 05-16-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i recently bought a 46 cat without trailer ;i;m in baton rouge so made a deal on trailer in ga. picked it up on the way back to baton rouge the florida dot stoped me tail light not working still had a ga. tag the guy started asking for all the paper work and license after he sees i have a florida license he said it was my lucky day because i was going to hook you up if you were from ga. that fl. license saved you 5 grand .well now i;m worried i still have to to tampa to pick up a 12 foot wide cat .we decided to not pull permite ,run on sunday nite from tampa to baton no problem got lucky bot sure nervious
Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I think I would be buying a tilt trailer in a heart beat if my boat was in that category of width. I wouldn't want to go through that mess all the time.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian walls
i recently bought a 46 cat without trailer ;i;m in baton rouge so made a deal on trailer in ga. picked it up on the way back to baton rouge the florida dot stoped me tail light not working still had a ga. tag the guy started asking for all the paper work and license after he sees i have a florida license he said it was my lucky day because i was going to hook you up if you were from ga. that fl. license saved you 5 grand .well now i;m worried i still have to to tampa to pick up a 12 foot wide cat .we decided to not pull permite ,run on sunday nite from tampa to baton no problem got lucky bot sure nervious
Can't wait to see Your boat. Any pics. Are You going to the lake bash? 2 weeks. Artie
Old 05-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian walls
Im confused...how would a license make a difference.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Registered
VIP Member

After talking with several folks at the run and a couple pro haulers I decided to take a chance and pull her home on Sunday. Never a second glance... I also know another couple did the same and nobody got hassled at all. I even got home about 9:30. I was told by almost every person as long as the truck, trailer, and boat were all in my name and not in a company then in their experience I would be just fine... Maybe I was lucky?!
Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Registered

Default Had a great time in Jville

gofastvr
We really enjoyed meeting you guys at the fun run Friday and I am glad you got home ok after your "power nap". Good luck with your water pump repair and we will see you at the next FPC run.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
After talking with several folks at the run and a couple pro haulers I decided to take a chance and pull her home on Sunday. Never a second glance... I also know another couple did the same and nobody got hassled at all. I even got home about 9:30. I was told by almost every person as long as the truck, trailer, and boat were all in my name and not in a company then in their experience I would be just fine... Maybe I was lucky?!

It's been working for me too
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

artie, going to cat island for memorial weekend in the old faithful, super hawaii . so not going the the lake bash. i bought the 46 araisaka race boat 4 person enclosed boat .redoing everything . i'll post so pic soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.