Notices

Good guys too!

Old 05-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Good guys too!

All the ugliness of the Cardshark debacle got me to thinking earlier. I am a lifelong offshore fisherman and am new to the go-fast stuff. I have personally contacted several members of this site and Icons of the sport just to introduce myself, ask questions, and in one case ask a favor. Every one of them has been extremely nice and helpful despite not knowing who the hell I am. Richie Powers and Steve Koss come to mind. just wanted to remind everyone that most of the people in the sport aren't just honest and hardworking but also really great people.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Yup
Old 05-16-2012, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I agree. It's just a few turds that continually pop up on threads that makes the sport seem full of them. I always remind myself that thieves, trash and " Hot Chicks" follow the money. the true icons of the sport are some of the nicest people you will meet.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
I agree. It's just a few turds that continually pop up on threads that makes the sport seem full of them.
I find this to be true in almost every aspect of my life and my business ventures.

It's like 99 atta-a-boys and 1 o-$hit we did it wrong, you'll never hear about the 99 jobs that were picture perfect.
It only takes one sour apple to ruin the reputation of the bushel.

Publius your absolutely right about the site members and sponsers. During my search for the right boat at the right price several members knew the boats I posted pictures of and assisted me with insight on the units especially Dave at XT, and one engine builder Eddie at Young Performance who took several of my calls about the supercharged engines.

Eddie and Dave if y'all read this I want you to know y'all are A#1 for taking the time out of your work day to help me. Your recommendations are the only reasons I wrote a contract to purchase my current boat.

As I've posted several times, this site ROCKS with priceless information about the performance boats.
You guys and girls are the greatest!!!

See ya,
Kelly