If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Daytona Part II on Speed Channel

After watching the Cats racing in Daytona I have to say that APBA has put together a winning show this year. As the show started, a warm fuzzy feeling came over me with the anticipation of the excitement to come. I was not disappointed.

The Supercat Lites did a great race with as many as three boats leading at one time or another. The Supercat coverage was superior to any I have seen in the past but the nose to nose racing was short of the excitement experienced with the smaller boats.

One question came to my mind. Early in the show Jamin Jones was interviewed and I understood him to say that they would be starting 100 yards behind the fleet. If this was because Chris Carmody is a rookie, how many races will this situation last for?

Only the first race if things go well. If the chief referee feels as though he needs more experience, he will start out 100 yards back then as well

Platinum Member Platinum Member Reindl Powerboats's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Reindl 28 Vamp, Reindl One Design
    99.9%of the time it is the first race... Unless Jason races again???
    I think the rule then is now 1 mile back...

My Boats:
    99 Baja 272I
    St Charles MO, Lake Ozark MO

Thumbs up

this was the best televised race I have ever watched. And it has nothing to do with the race itself. Previously we were shown little more than a "sportscenter" highlight reel with more time dedicated to the pre and post interviews (with the predictable waving of the checkered flag by every winner of the many heats) than the actual race footage.

But this one was an actual race. Edited chronologically to the best of my knowledge. Last year someone promised an improved format and I think they delivered.

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL

Thumbs up

Once again, ABPA came through with more excellent race coverage. Very impressed. I watched part one again and followed it up with part two....AWESOME!