Notices

Just plane practical

Old 05-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just plane practical

Hello my wife and I are military and was looking at the best possible boat fot our needs. We have looked at this and that and been told an array of different opinion. T e bottom line is that military, yes on a budget a bit, but close to retirement, looking for a fast way from the pamlico sound out to the outer banks, and be able to sleep comfortable currently we do not have any boats, just a couple of jet skies for the family, when there down. Can anyone let us know what the best year range and boat we would be satisfied with,
Old 05-20-2012, 12:58 AM
Registered

i would recomend that you have someone, reputable and bonded inspect prior to purchase and provide written inspection report. it might seem like alot of money, but should help from bad experience. on boat imagine where you plan to go and what route; inland-ICW(intercoastal waterwy) or offshore. 2 different boats. best, taking my grandsons to emerald isle to taste salt water. i've got a blackspot on my foot.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 AM
Registered

first step would be to define "budget", what you mean by "fast" 50-60-70-80? and are you trailering? Outboards are easier in salt water so keep that in mind, I have my first set of OB's and i'll never go back to an I/O.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pete280
first step would be to define "budget", what you mean by "fast" 50-60-70-80? and are you trailering? Outboards are easier in salt water so keep that in mind, I have my first set of OB's and i'll never go back to an I/O.
Hello thanks all for the replies, budget would be around the 50 to 75 ballpark I know it's not much but less would be even better,yes the boat will be trailered back and forth to base, also we would like to achieve the 80 mph barrier cruise at the 35 to 45 mph,

Thanks so much guys
Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by keith2500hd
i would recomend that you have someone, reputable and bonded inspect prior to purchase and provide written inspection report. it might seem like alot of money, but should help from bad experience. on boat imagine where you plan to go and what route; inland-ICW(intercoastal waterwy) or offshore. 2 different boats. best, taking my grandsons to emerald isle to taste salt water. i've got a blackspot on my foot.
Hello thanks for your time, great info on the inspect, the deal is all these nc boat dealers have there own inspectors, not real sure if I trust them, also we will mainly be staying inland, with the capability to go offshore a bit during calm days would be a plus for us, looking to dock off the outer banks nc and stay the night on ocean side when possible from time to time! Sorry to here about the spot