Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Remembering HTM (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27681-remembering-htm.html)

CV-23 06-29-2002 11:51 AM

Remembering HTM

1 Attachment(s)
Everytime I look at the Memorial Sticker, I think Safety! Just wondering where you all placed your Memorial Stickers. Here's mine....Mike.

Intolerant1 06-30-2002 12:19 AM

Come to think of it, I made a donation and never got a sticker. Not a problem, this just reminded me of it. Was there ever any info on how much was raised? While Im at it, will they continue building boats?

Havasu Hangin 06-30-2002 01:49 AM

Well, I'll chime in here...

Originally posted by Intolerant1
Come to think of it, I made a donation and never got a sticker. Not a problem, this just reminded me of it.
Sorry about not getting the sticker. Since you did not have to donate to get a sticker, it was a little tough coordinating...please e-mail JetboatBrian @ [email protected] and he'll get you what you need.

It really is nice to see the stickers out there...I see them on both trucks and boats...

Originally posted by Intolerant1
Was there ever any info on how much was raised? While Im at it, will they continue building boats?
You guys (and gals) can be very proud of yourselves. We initially raised over $6,300 for the families, with another $540 after the magazines ran the articles.

Not bad for a bunch of internet geeks. ;)

With the exception of the PayPal fees and a $20 bank fee, 100% went to the families...Brian would not take any money to make the stickers, and did it on his own time out of his own pocket...a truely standup guy.

I have had a chance to spend some time with the widows, and they cannot believe how much support came from some message boards, from people they don't even know. They also want to convey the message "safety first"...as they don't want this to happen to anyone else...

If one person sees a sticker and wears a vest that normally wouldn't have, then mission accomplished...

From what I understand, HTM is continuing on, with both the 24' and 30' boats...

timewarp 06-30-2002 02:16 AM

I was surprised when we went to the Arizona Hotboats Spring Heatwave Poker Run that I did not see more of these stickers, I only remember seeing one on a truck and one on a boat.
I display mine to make people think about safety, there is one on the rear window of the truck and one on the transom of Timewarp.
Locally in our area I get a lot of questions about the stickers and I try to convey to people that they need to think when driving their boats, even locally up here there have been a few bad accidents in performance boats.

Are they still collecting funds, I would like to send some more if someone could repost where to send it to.

Everyone be safe,
Caleb

NW_Jim 06-30-2002 02:58 AM

I did not donate before, but I would like to now if I could get the info on where to send it. If you get it Caleb, give me a call.

46tomcat 06-30-2002 12:43 PM

donated would like a set for support truck emailed address today thanks Tom

SunseekerNY 06-30-2002 10:10 PM

I'd like to add the HTM information to the PowerboatingCharities.com web site. Could someone please help me coordinate this and get me all the information. I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger these days.

Thank you,
Jennifer