Notices

Jumping waves trouble!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by griff
he's got more rough water seat time in boats than you do on your toilet.
+1
Old 05-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
He's got more rough water seat time in boats than you do on your toilet.
Doesn't matter you phucking azzhole. Every boat is different........and its rather obvious this guy hasn't spent a lot of time driving a 31 bullet. I've had to learn all over again on every single boat I've driven. And I don't consider jumping cruiser wakes going down a long river "rough water" either.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 05-22-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's alot rougher than the water your's sees on the trailer in the classifieds.

Last edited by baditude; 05-22-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Andy - Just fyi

Brett is BT46. He and his father a very good friends of mine. I have ran on a couple poker runs/ weekend runs with them and will fully assure you that this young man knows how to drive/throtte/keep aware of his surroundings. As far as rough water goes, LOTO on a weekend let alone a holiday weekend is as rough as Texoma with the wind blowing. I know, Ive been in both and watched cruisers turn around trying to leav HP marina. I do understand your meaning behind learning to drive the Bullet, however with the seat time Brett already has and the multitude of boats that he has to drive and does drive (5 of them with the bullet being near the smallest i believe) I would say he is going to be ok.

Brett - listen to these guys on here about the 4 blades. That would be my first thought along with not dropping the R's as much maybe. Thanks again for the invite last week, I was sick as a dog and couldnt make it over.

Chris
Old 05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baditude
It's alot rougher than the water your's sees on the trailer in the classifieds.
Thanks for the plug smartazz
Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Andy - Just fyi

Brett is BT46. He and his father a very good friends of mine. I have ran on a couple poker runs/ weekend runs with them and will fully assure you that this young man knows how to drive/throtte/keep aware of his surroundings. As far as rough water goes, LOTO on a weekend let alone a holiday weekend is as rough as Texoma with the wind blowing. I know, Ive been in both and watched cruisers turn around trying to leav HP marina. I do understand your meaning behind learning to drive the Bullet, however with the seat time Brett already has and the multitude of boats that he has to drive and does drive (5 of them with the bullet being near the smallest i believe) I would say he is going to be ok.

Brett - listen to these guys on here about the 4 blades. That would be my first thought along with not dropping the R's as much maybe. Thanks again for the invite last week, I was sick as a dog and couldnt make it over.

Chris
Whats up Chris? Were you boating at this holiday?

Chris, smaller boats are harder to drive at speed, but you already know that. Doesn't matter if he has 1000 hours behind a 40ft fountain or 46 black thunder. Those boats are much more forgiving.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Whats up Chris? Were you boating at this holiday?

Chris, smaller boats are harder to drive at speed, but you already know that. Doesn't matter if he has 1000 hours behind a 40ft fountain or 46 black thunder. Those boats are much more forgiving.
Boating on lake Perry KS with the John P (waconda)this coming weekend

Agreed about the size of the boat and some of the tendencys - lord knows that the smaller beak boats I had were much more nimble than the BT's ive owned. U better have the Apache out this coming weekend - what a great boat IMO. Hope all is well with the family bud.... may be moving back soon.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks every one!!! I am trying to buy 4blade now.
Brett
/texomapowerboater I ran a 27 formula with twins for years and never had trouble so I think il be ok
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black thunder 46
Thanks every one!!! I am trying to buy 4blade now.
Brett
/texomapowerboater I ran a 27 formula with twins for years and never had trouble so I think il be ok
Don't let any of the "expert" boaters get to you. You asked a good question - alot of boats of that era came with a high X and/or 3-blades.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Can you post pic of the Bullet? Did it come from Harrisonville?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.