Passenger Liability Waiver? >

Passenger Liability Waiver?

Notices

Passenger Liability Waiver?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Passenger Liability Waiver?

So I got to thinking, we only usually allow close friends to boat with us. In June we are going to LOTO for the Support Our Troops Poker Run. My friend wants to bring a girl he just met out on the boat with us and my wife and I have never met her. Besides the insurance I was thinking about having my attorney draft up some sort of waiver for her or other passengers that I don't know too well to sign. Is this silly or a good idea? It seems that I have quite a bit at stake and boating is dangerous...Maybe I worry too much.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cmkworm
So I got to thinking, we only usually allow close friends to boat with us. In June we are going to LOTO for the Support Our Troops Poker Run. My friend wants to bring a girl he just met out on the boat with us and my wife and I have never met her. Besides the insurance I was thinking about having my attorney draft up some sort of waiver for her or other passengers that I don't know too well to sign. Is this silly or a good idea? It seems that I have quite a bit at stake and boating is dangerous...Maybe I worry too much.
It better be a Damn good waiver to actually work, if you have that kind of doubt, Don't Take Them!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:24 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I was in a boating wreck last year,went to the ins company to get more ins coverage on passagers but i already have the max they offer and that will not cover a full day in the hospital.From here out when other people are with us there will be no higher speeds . Also my health ins company gave me a hard time about covering it.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
It better be a Damn good waiver to actually work, if you have that kind of doubt, Don't Take Them!!!
Close friends or not doesn't always make a difference.

One of my close friends sued me for 3.8 million for an accident we had in my boat.
And he was steering.

It went nowhere after 6 years of hearings but it got him off my Christmas card list.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:36 AM
Registered

Default Wow sad

It is sad that we even have to think about this subject....what would happen if we all put a sticker in clear view that said "RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK"...IMO unless you are charging people for rides they are volunteering to come aboard and shouldn't have any right to sue your ass if an acident occurs....but that ain't todays. Real world
Old 05-22-2012, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

in the real world, liability waivers are nothing more than pretty pieces of paper.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Gold Member

Happened to a friend if mine also. Someone he didn't know went out with him and they took a wave hard, she fell in the boat because she didn't know how to absorb tr impact with her legs, etc. she sued him for pain and suffering.. Little over a year later she got nothing and he had legal bills.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 852 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
in the real world, liability waivers are nothing more than pretty pieces of paper.
Not true, you can use them as wipes.

Save your $.001 and don't waste your time. Lawyers & legislators have made it so you can't do anything anymore without the threat of financial ruin...at their profit.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
I was in a boating wreck last year,went to the ins company to get more ins coverage on passagers but i already have the max they offer and that will not cover a full day in the hospital...
Personal Liability Umbrella Policy also called PLUB or PLUP.

I would not go boating without it. Ask your insurance carrier, and do a search here on OSO.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

you can pick up cheap ins. at homedepot.

1. 50' of rope
2. concrete blocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.