Notices

Pittsburgh Regatta

Old 05-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pittsburgh Regatta

Anyone live near Pittsburgh thats going to go check this out? I'm about 1.5 hours away. I'm thinking I might check this out this year. First year for P-1 there. http://www.threeriversregatta.net/Th...mpionships.htm Any Pittaburgh people on here that have any local knowledge about some good places to check out marinas to stay at ect....
Old 05-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

I am local. Unfortanatley they have made teh Regatta more about non-boaters, watching water activities, than being accomidating to boaters. It is still a fun time, just need to plan a head to deal with river closures.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm thinking about coming for an overnite on the boat to watch the races.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bmtbandit
I am local. Unfortanatley they have made teh Regatta more about non-boaters, watching water activities, than being accomidating to boaters. It is still a fun time, just need to plan a head to deal with river closures.
Since your a local you have any advice on where to stay? Can i watch the races feom the water? I'd like to head over and check it out since its so close.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Underdog88
I'm thinking about coming for an overnite on the boat to watch the races.
If you decide to go hit me up maybe we can get together for a few pops.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LaVita
Since your a local you have any advice on where to stay? Can i watch the races feom the water? I'd like to head over and check it out since its so close.
There are a lot of places to stay. It all depends what it is you are looking for. They will let you tie up, up the Allegheny river away from the races, then walk down to the point or North Shore to watch them. If you are not brining a boat, I would suggest staying at Station Square, it is a short ride to down town (right across the river, and decent night life, there or just down the road is the South Side, which is essentially a cultural bar district.

Last edited by bmtbandit; 05-23-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Spelling Sucks
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Registered

I live in Pittsburgh and my family owns Newport marina. I will be more than happy to answer any questions any of you guys have. Also, if bringing the boats, I will help you find a place to stay if we cant accomodate you at our facility. Be sure to check out www.boatpittsburgh.com for additional information on boating in Pittsburgh. They will also list a schedule of events for the Regatta to include safety zones and river closures.