Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Daytona Part II on Speed Channel >

Daytona Part II on Speed Channel

Notices

Daytona Part II on Speed Channel

Old 06-29-2002, 11:45 AM
TulsaLarry

Default Daytona Part II on Speed Channel

After watching the Cats racing in Daytona I have to say that APBA has put together a winning show this year. As the show started, a warm fuzzy feeling came over me with the anticipation of the excitement to come. I was not disappointed.

The Supercat Lites did a great race with as many as three boats leading at one time or another. The Supercat coverage was superior to any I have seen in the past but the nose to nose racing was short of the excitement experienced with the smaller boats.

One question came to my mind. Early in the show Jamin Jones was interviewed and I understood him to say that they would be starting 100 yards behind the fleet. If this was because Chris Carmody is a rookie, how many races will this situation last for?

Old 06-29-2002, 01:18 PM
mirageman

Only the first race if things go well. If the chief referee feels as though he needs more experience, he will start out 100 yards back then as well

Old 06-29-2002, 01:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

99.9%of the time it is the first race... Unless Jason races again???
I think the rule then is now 1 mile back...
Old 06-29-2002, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

this was the best televised race I have ever watched. And it has nothing to do with the race itself. Previously we were shown little more than a "sportscenter" highlight reel with more time dedicated to the pre and post interviews (with the predictable waving of the checkered flag by every winner of the many heats) than the actual race footage.

But this one was an actual race. Edited chronologically to the best of my knowledge. Last year someone promised an improved format and I think they delivered.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Once again, ABPA came through with more excellent race coverage. Very impressed. I watched part one again and followed it up with part two....AWESOME!