Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
When arriving at a boat trip destination, when do you know you're "there" ? >

When arriving at a boat trip destination, when do you know you're "there" ?

Notices

When arriving at a boat trip destination, when do you know you're "there" ?

Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
About the time I see this Boat pic from last weekend

Nice looking Pantera
Old 05-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Dog, I remember getting "the feeling" every time I left the ramp/harbor at Mazurks Access on Lake Erie.
Also used to get it every time I got to the beach at Pelee Island.
Had many, many special times there. I remember one yr a bunch of us went there and watched the Indy 500 on a battery powered TV while on the beach
Battery powered tv... That's doing it boss style!!! Seriously thought, those are absolutely the best of times. We were tied of on the docks around 11 at the marina we were staying at, and had a bunch of beer and just making noise like kids. I'm grinning from ear to ear thinking about it. (I think axa and twins were there, part of the nys formula crew, and ragged with his fountain)
Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts
Default Yep.

Originally Posted by machloosy
those are absolutely the best of times. We were tied of on the docks around 11 at the marina we were staying at, and had a bunch of beer and just making noise like kids. I'm grinning from ear to ear thinking about it.
We had a group of boats on a trip that got weathered in for 3 days on the far side of Lake Erie at Leamington Ontario.
The nicest marina in the Great Lakes and huge piers. We sat in front of our boats in deck chairs and drank and told lies the whole time. Was killer.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by machloosy
Outran them by about 3mph on an Gorgeous 80+ degree sunny Sunday afternoon. We came around the point to the town in view and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I did what I set out to do and that was the ultimate "it" moment.

eh sorry for rambling
the friend you mentioned was a she. her dad also knew you did what you set out to do. makes him have less of an attitude when you started doing his little girl.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

any how, i too feel at ease when we pull up to the local giant and stock up for the trip, wife gets the food while i fuel up the boat, plus that giant doubles the reward points!! saved almost 2 bucks a gallon last year!!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try to plan and get everything together the day before. Any odds and ends that are missed get picked up on my 20 min drive to boat. I hook up and do my pre flight and then tow 1/4 mi to launch. Do another quick check and dip in water. My nerves don't valm down till we hit the third bouy and get going. When I travel I bring boat home the day before and go thru my list numerous times and still scond guess untill I am satisfied and idleing out.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered

Twin OB,

When ever we headed to the big lake, after we passed over the "Bay" bridge.......we were at the lake! I always had a tradition of stopping at the "3rd Base (last stop before home)" in Castalia on the way home for pizza, beer and pool! Had a lot of good times in that joint. Did you ever stop at the Reedtown Tavern on Rt 4?

I really miss OH in the summer time.

Cheers-
Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In the water at Islamorada headed outside through Tavernier Creek passing under Tea Table bridge... awesome feeling!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Florida_Keys_2007.jpg
Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
Nice looking Pantera
Thanks,

Just wish it was as fast as it looks
Old 05-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right after i push the load leveler buttons ( 1st time) Then,( 2nd time) . When the motors are lit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.