Fiore Interview on Outerlimits SV29: 'The hull is fine'

Notices

Fiore Interview on Outerlimits SV29: 'The hull is fine'

Old 05-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Default Fiore Interview on Outerlimits SV29: 'The hull is fine'

From the source, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...l-is-fine.html.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Wow. I thought we were finally going to get the whole story. Instead we got "the hull is fine" and "I'm not willing to discuss that". Not really the way to stop the rumor mill.....
Old 05-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

A "mechanical failure" caused the boat to go over. Mike refuses to disclose what failed other than to say "it will never happen again."

I've been a Mechanical Engineer for over 30 years. It's very difficult to make sure anything will never happen again. Personally, I'd feel much better if I knew what failed and what was done to correct it. But that's just the engineer in me.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

looked like a pretty good answer to me. I would venture to say that he doesnt want to point fingers at a distributor or anyone else he buys parts from. It was an accident, caused by mechanical failure, it happens.. My 30' twin engine very heavy Cig had a the button on one of the tabs stick once and i swear my hair got wet we rolled starboard so hard. I caught it in time, but it could have been a different story at higher speeds or in a turn.

if you dont like, or trust the hull, dont buy it, but dont ruin a reputation or mans way to make a living on your opinion.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
A "mechanical failure" caused the boat to go over. Mike refuses to disclose what failed other than to say "it will never happen again."

I've been a Mechanical Engineer for over 30 years. It's very difficult to make sure anything will never happen again. Personally, I'd feel much better if I knew what failed and what was done to correct it. But that's just the engineer in me.
Thinking if it was a indicator problem...outerlimits / Mike prob have a established relationship with the mfg....he may not want to throw anybody under the bus.
EDIT...if indicators were the malfunction

Wonder if this will effect led indicator sales, or if most will stick with good ol cables .

Good interview Matt

Last edited by scarab63; 05-24-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Before you jump to conclusions, you might want to consider that there could be other vendors, insurance companies and maybe even lawyers involved.

You could even look at it as not wanting to point fingers before until all investigations (and being an engineer, if your product was blamed for a failure I am sure you and your company would want to do your own investigation) are complete.

That was the impression I got during my interview with Mr. Fiore, at least.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Before you jump to conclusions, you might want to consider that there could be other vendors, insurance companies and maybe even lawyers involved.

You could even look at it as not wanting to point fingers before until all investigations (and being an engineer, if your product was blamed for a failure I am sure you and your company would want to do your own investigation) are complete.

Oh I'm absolutley sure you are correct there Matt. As you might guess though, Engineers are at the opposite end of the specturm from Lawyers (and Politicians).
Old 05-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio

Matt,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to OL & Mike as well as give them the opportunity to share their accounting. At the end of the day I don't think you would give any company or individual the platform or forum unless you thought they would shoot you straight!

Keep up the good work! I miss my PB Mag but heck I get to read up on so much more in almost real time!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Oh I'm absolutley sure you are correct there Matt. As you might guess though, Engineers are at the opposite end of the specturm from Lawyers (and Politicians).
Thank goodness...I'd never want to drive over a bridge designed by those two. Probably have to sign a waiver before I drove over it...besides, piles of bullsh!t don't support much.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not rule out a gimbal failure. Clearly they seem very comfortable with this boat at speed.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.