Bruce let me down - BIG TIME >

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Notices

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Old 07-02-2002, 12:18 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There were a couple of threads on the run, but they may have been deleted. The person to talk to is HP500efi. It's his brain child. Anyways, the trip must be coming up and was going to be in the Red Wing area.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

To me boating is my get away from all the BS at work. How can I excape when I am fighting all the bs trying to get boat together/ fixed. Is is better to sit & wait, or go elsewhere? I say all that Kook has gone thru go elsewhere. Cord brings up $$ if Kook goes elsewhere, but it looks like Bruce is trying to hold boat hostage for more money.

I remember 2 years ago when I had a motor built, I paid for & had gotten most of parts. I go so tired of lies. I finally picked up my parts & took to another engine builder. I waited 2 months thinking "ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS". Well the few more days turned into months. After picking up & taking elsewhere only took them 2 weeks. If I had picked up when I first thought of doing I would have been on water 6 weeks earler. Look at dave, he got his boat back & looks like he is going to be on water this year.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:28 PM
Gumbydammit

Back4more: Burn your crack rocks a little slower. Kook is not at fault for being promised things that have not been delivered.

Years ago, I was involved in building a ketch out of steel. (yes, a sailboat..) Rigging a boat is not the easiest thing in the world to be sure. But we were not the pros, we were backyard builders.
If you do it every day, you had better know what the hell you are doing and budget your time accordingly.

If you guys think that boat building is bad, you should try computer upgrades! I budget my time out to what I think it will take me and then double it. I tell the customer that the price and time SHOULD be between X and Y. When I come in under cost/time, they are very happy and seem to spread my name around.

One thing I have never seen in business, is a customer that is unwilling to pay a good price for good quality, done on time.

I think if this is not the place to air this stuff, then where? When I build my cat, I will certainly not be doing business with Bruce because of what I have read here, but mostly for lying as outlined in the other post.

Anyone know where there is a nice stripped cat hull in good shape heh??

Old 07-02-2002, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Dave1972

I was out on the Miss last weekend with some friends. We put in at Savannah, IL and headed north toward Dubuque...lots of water and lots of debris. Apparently lots of rain in northern WI and MN. All of the gates on the dam were completely open and I don't know if I've ever seen that before. We locked through going north but on the way back down we followed a cruiser right under the gates and over/through the dam....kind of eerie but didn't have to wait to lock through!!!!
Dave-
We were out on the Miss Saturday out of Savannah too- thought of you and your situation when passing by Crotch Island (we stayed a while down on Breezy with some friends). We did head up towards Bellevue- lots of floating debris to dodge, and thought it better to park it and enjoy the day without harming the boat, so we headed back south.
As far as open gates goes, be very careful doing that! I've seen them open many times, and decided to pass a gate heading north (about 12 years ago). I was immediately stopped on the other side by DOC and ACE. I played stupid, he let me go with a warning, but I've never done it again. A smaller bow-rider tried to follow us through- he was near full power and couldn't make it due to the swirling current and backed off. Their rules, but for our protection. Any mistakes made at those gates would surely cause a loss of life.

Hope you get your boat back soon- as I say with the jets I take care of - RIGHT, NOT RUSHED!

Shoot me an e-mail if you're going to be out again soon, or maybe just join us for a ride! We should be out this weekend!
Jim