Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bruce let me down - BIG TIME >

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Notices

Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Old 06-30-2002, 05:11 PM
kook

Thumbs down Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

For those not following my previous threads on my dealings with Bruce, please check out recent posts by Dave1972 - you can read what happened to him.

Bruce has had my boat since the beginning of January. The boat was supposed to be back by mid May. The last "event" was that he overheated my (new) IMCO SC while on a propshaft dyno, "supposedly" doing a final check out of the boat, before delivery. Since he had a race last weekend, I agreed to meet him up at Lake St. Clair (11 hour drive) to water test the boat with him, before the races. I got a call about 7-8PM the night before (I'm already packed, and my dog is in a kennel), saying that "there are a few minor issues, and one potentially major issue" - that being the drive getting way hot. Needless to say, no water testing ever happened last weekend.

The drive was overnighted to IMCO this past Tuesday (I was in touch with IMCO every day this week to confirm). IMCO shipped the drive back to Bruce on Friday (overnight SATURDAY delivery!). The "plan" was for him to be out here by this evening, with the boat. We were to spend all day Monday running the boat out here in the Bay.

I got a message on my machine from Bruce yesterday (Sat) at about 4PM - he said he had picked up the drive, and would follow up to let me know when to expect him...... I have not heard back from Bruce since then. I have left numerous messages for him, starting last night. All I was asking was for a status update and an ETA. It's 5PM Sunday, and I have heard nothing. Zero.

I had planned to take this week off work and spend every day out on the water - learning how to drive the boat - we're talking about an increase from 60mph to 90 mph - big infusion of mojo.

To say I am upset, sad, and disappointed would be an understatement. I do not have my boat, I can not get in touch with Bruce, and the boat is almost 1/2 the way across country (St. Louis is 16 hours from me).

At this point, I really don't know what to do. Getting f*cked-up will only aleviate things for one night.......... I have to deal with this with a level head.

That's it for now. Will update later.

Old 06-30-2002, 05:28 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are going to deal with this using a level head, I guess the OSO "BAT" is out of the question. I tried to give Bruce the benifit of doubt before (sometimes a job will just go to hell no matter what you do) but there seems to be a pattern here with Bruce. Hope you get everthing worked out and get to injoy your "big infusion of mojo" soon. Good Luck
Old 06-30-2002, 07:07 PM
kook

Exclamation

Originally posted by gmhdfan
I tried to give Bruce the benifit of doubt before (sometimes a job will just go to hell no matter what you do) but there seems to be a pattern here with Bruce
Really? What happened?

Old 06-30-2002, 07:38 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was refering to the other post that talked about being screwed by Bruce. Maybe their are more threads that I missed. But early on he always seemed real helpful on the tech board (maybe too helpful) and I didn't think he would turn out to be this way. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:44 PM
kook

Default To OSO

OSO:

Why have do you still allowed Bruce to be the moderator for the Tech forum???? Especially after Dave1972's incident? IMHO, his actions reflect very poorly on your Board, by association.

Old 06-30-2002, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kook,

A good question that deserves an answer!
Old 06-30-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was wondering the same thing. i wonder how many OSO members you have to give the royal shaft to before you get the boot around here. since he is the moderator in the tech forum he should be real easy to get in touch with thru the board! unless he moderates the way he does everything else??
Old 06-30-2002, 09:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bruces knowledge still exceeds most of ours and he can still be a tremendous help to a lot of performance boaters. Its hard for most of us to realize whats involved with a business like this. It is very seasonal and we usually take on more work than we can handle because we don't want to loose it. When you're working 12 to 15 hour days you don't have time to comunicate and thats when it all falls apart. You have good intentions thinking you can make everyone happy but that really doesn't happen. It's only Sunday and you talked to Bruce on Saturday. I think a little more patience would help. Thats just my opinion and you can all bash me for it if you want.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bowtie
Bruces knowledge still exceeds most of ours and he can still be a tremendous help to a lot of performance boaters. Its hard for most of us to realize whats involved with a business like this. It is very seasonal and we usually take on more work than we can handle because we don't want to loose it. When you're working 12 to 15 hour days you don't have time to comunicate and thats when it all falls apart. You have good intentions thinking you can make everyone happy but that really doesn't happen. It's only Sunday and you talked to Bruce on Saturday. I think a little more patience would help. Thats just my opinion and you can all bash me for it if you want.

Communication is EVERYTHING! It does not matter what business your in, The're ALL Service related.

BTW I'm not bashing just my .02
Old 06-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would highly recommend get the boat out of there ASAP! You have been more than nice. You need to find a fellow OSO member that lives near Bruce and have them pick up the boat first thing tomorrow and get it in a secure location. I'm sure Bruce is EXTREMELY knowledgeable but at this point all his knowledge is not helping you at all. Get your boat and cut your loses before they get any BIGGER.

My .02

Quick Reply: Bruce let me down - BIG TIME

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.