Vinyl Graphic Face Lift...... >

Vinyl Graphic Face Lift......

Notices

Vinyl Graphic Face Lift......

Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by McGary911
It looks great. This is about as anti-"Lord of the Wings" as you can get in a Velocity........
Very true. However everyone has their own taste..... You can't deny the detail that went into "loads of the wing"was incredible... I am a less is more kind of guy...

Last edited by low_psi; 05-29-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your boat looks great
Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered

Here is an in the water pic from this afternoon. Not only does it look like a different boat it looks like a much newer boat. Not that it is all that old, but it certainly looks new than an 03... The red really pops off the boat in the sun and in direct sunlight the metallic silver and charcoal really stands out...

Old 05-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I like it. Let's see a pic of the new interior. Thinking about doing something similar to mine except that mine has graphics just the colors are dated and want to switch them out. I also had a new full mooring cover made that shows a big improvement while the boat is sitting still.
If you don't mind doing some elbow grease. Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish on your trailer will have people gawking when your towing that boat around.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Looks great buddy. They always look better in the water too!!

I did an extreme-makeover "Boat" Edition myself, this year! Makes you feel like you have a new boat!!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Looks good! great thing about vinyl is that if you get tired of it, just peel it off.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered

Looks great! Subtle is always the best on something like that.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the vinyl graphics! Compared to when your boat was plain white its night and day. The swim platform though....Not liking it. I know the aluminum ones are more expensive but a red one would really make your boat pop!
Nice update!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

looks good man! Glad you were able to get 'er squared away.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fabin61
I like it. Let's see a pic of the new interior.
here is the thread from last season that shows the new interior. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/v...rior-done.html

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
I love the vinyl graphics! Compared to when your boat was plain white its night and day. The swim platform though....Not liking it. I know the aluminum ones are more expensive but a red one would really make your boat pop!
Nice update!
THe platform that is on there now is the OE Velocity Platform. It isn't bad. I originally thought it was to blame for all of the soot on my platform. I had a theory that it created a swirling effect and was pulling the soot back to the transom. I put longer tips and ran it once without the platform and the soot was all the way up to the rub rail...So with a tubular platform, I think the soot would be all over the place, where with the OE Platform it is at least trapped below the platform... I have a 496 Mag.. It has had the PCU reflashed by whipple. it is the nature of the 496..... Besides, I ran out of money. I may still go with an aluminum platform in the future, but undecided with color. If I go red or silver, than that kind of boxes it into a corner of always having a red or silver graphic. If I go with a white platform, the next owner can remove the vinyl graphic and the platform will still look good.....

Originally Posted by glassdave
looks good man! Glad you were able to get 'er squared away.
Thanks Dave. The next job, I WILL come to you first. I got in over my head with the install and ended up having to pay to have it installed. I screwed up a few pieces befroe I decided to quit while still ahead....