Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lawyers!!  Please help with clarification Please >

Lawyers!! Please help with clarification Please

Notices

Lawyers!! Please help with clarification Please

Old 05-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I read in the paper this evening the "Friends of the Detorit River" are fighting the no trespass. Not sure what the result will be.... What really pisses me off is the Agent that gave me crap this weekend said they closed it to avoid the boat burings, sexual assualts, etc. The boat burnings stop over 10 freaking years ago, and the sexual assault happend 3-4 years ago (I believe). I am not defending a sexual assault, but that can happen anywhere....

Yes, there were some real A-hole punks breaking glass and over all trashing the island. No doubt about it. But, the people that used the island often (like myself) did our part to clean up after the little a-holes..... The govt. should come up with a plan to not allow overnight stays (which is the way Celeron Island is), and maybe provide some sort of patrol to keep the little bast^rd punks in line.... What really gets to me, is Grosse Ile Residents were complaining about the noise... Hey Grosse Ile Residents, it is your spoiled rotten little punk a$$ kids that are the ones coming over in the middle of the night on daddys boat trashing the place and making all the noise...............

It just really sucks for me and others that respected the island and used it as a place for family outings. My daughter has grown up on that island...
Old 05-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't agree more. I had also heard the Friends of the Detroit River were fighting it, but haven't seen anything official. Unfortunately I don't see it changing, at least for a while. It always amazed me to see how much crap people would leave behind. It always sucked to watch people leave and me loading a trash bag full of garbage in my boat...most of the trash not being mine. Or all the people pull up with dogs, let them of to take a dump and not pick it up...so while I think it sucks, I am not really surprised. It sucks...maybe we can fill the rock wall in with sand and refer to it as the sandbar
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

it sucks about sugar island....lets hope the idiots dont ruin Celeron Island for us now...was over on monday...it was a nice peaceful crowd...
Old 05-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered

We drove by, but it was pretty full by the time we were there....
Old 05-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
We drove by, but it was pretty full by the time we were there....
yea only way to get a good spot on the beach there you gotta get out early...the g/f and I got out there at about 11:30 in the morning..at that time the beach was about half full...
Old 05-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When it comes to ownership, land rights, easements, etc., the majority of the country and states go by the MHHW line (the average of the higher high water height of each tidal day observed and averaged over the National Tidal Datum Epoch).

However, when it comes to the environmental idiots, there's no logical reasoning behind anything they do, they just make the sht up as they go.

We lost one of our best boating party hangouts down here a few years ago and it is now a "bird sanctuary." Birdsht, I say. There's nothing on there except sea gulls, but go within ten yards of the shoreline and the nazi azzholes are all over you.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Refuge areas are not bound by tide lines. Get a map. It's the only way to tell, and then keep it onboard so if they tell you to leave a certain area, you can phone his/her supervisor and complain.

Michael
Old 05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
Refuge areas are not bound by tide lines. Get a map. It's the only way to tell, and then keep it onboard so if they tell you to leave a certain area, you can phone his/her supervisor and complain.

Michael
I have yet to see the map, as they recently aquired the property. I think they are just making $hit up as they go right now. At the "town hall" meeting they had in regard to the island, the speaker said they will enforce to water line (so I am told, I missed the meeting). Yet the agent that hassled me last weekend says if my feet are touching ground (even in the water) he will write me a ticket next time as "I have been officially warned". I have a feeling it is going to take someone getting arrested and fighting it for there to be an actual boundry set... THis whole make it up as you go is total BS!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:18 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 147 Likes on 59 Posts

last year we had about 25+ boats run to horn island out of mississippi. we had a park ranger/ wild life and fishries come warn us for noise. he even pulled out a decibel reader. we were disterbing the birds! only one boat had a raido on. he gave us all a speech, we gave him the get the F*#k attude.

really starting to dislike theses guys they have to much power. more then any other agentcy. they can stop you while running then can board you boat with out reason at all.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by caseyh
last year we had about 25+ boats run to horn island out of mississippi. we had a park ranger/ wild life and fishries come warn us for noise. he even pulled out a decibel reader. we were disterbing the birds! only one boat had a raido on. he gave us all a speech, we gave him the get the F*#k attude.

really starting to dislike theses guys they have to much power. more then any other agentcy. they can stop you while running then can board you boat with out reason at all.
Yup, those are the butt plugs that got us this weekend. Apparently the federal government has given the federal wildlife officer the power to stop the world from spinning if they deem necessary.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.