Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lawyers!!  Please help with clarification Please >

Lawyers!! Please help with clarification Please

Notices

Lawyers!! Please help with clarification Please

Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from a public forum with the National Wild life group. They stated they are enforcing to water line only. So that whole BS about enforcing to the middle of the shippi g channel was total Crap!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Just got back from a public forum with the National Wild life group. They stated they are enforcing to water line only. So that whole BS about enforcing to the middle of the shippi g channel was total Crap!
if your gonna venture back over to sugar and anchor off the beach a ways...print out what you found and keep it with ya....not to sure if it will help ya though....i dont think any of the sheriffs in that area know how to read...
Old 06-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Registered

It wasn't printed. It was stated numerous times in a public meeting. The lead speaker, a Federal Wildlife refuge official, told us they will only enforce to the "high Water Line". I asked NUMEROUS times where the law is stated and they were unable to come up with anything. THey are making it up as they go.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Registered

It was also asked since the island had been up for sale for so long, when was the last survey done? Without a property survey, how can you determine the property line? Again they all looked at each other then tried to change the subject..... What I gathered from this meeting the Federal Wildlife Refuge is in NO hurry to complete their public access plan for the island.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That must have been frustrating to sit through...total bummer.