Image of the Week: Too Close for Comfort >

Image of the Week: Too Close for Comfort

Notices

Image of the Week: Too Close for Comfort

Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
There is always one in the bunch with the "out of line" comment!
It's easy to jump to that conclusion, people should ask before popping off @ the mouth....

Nice to know I'm still considered in the group of kids :-) That's one of h*ll of a 1st boat for sure!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink I remember once!

Around boats we have all had those "brain fart" moments and most luckily involved little or no damage other than a serious hole in ones pride! Boat and learn, we all really never get to perfect, just luckier and more experienced with time at the helm!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
Well that explains everything.......

Daddy's $ can't buy brains, talent, or experience.
Thats just wrong.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Actually, I believe that the young man works very hard cutting down trees and saved up 95K to buy his first boat. There was no Daddy (or loan) involved.

Yep, an apology from you is in order to the youngster!!

Craig is right... I was there when he bought the boat and on the docks in Islamorada, when he bought the boat I actually ran to my house 3 times to fax all the paperwork to a friend of his Family (Boat Broker Dealership in Connecticut) to make sure all the paperwork was in order as it was documented... after a sucessful sea trial he paid for the boat. he is in his early 20's and has his own business! Very Nice Guy that made a mistake we all have made.

Pat
Old 06-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's laughable for the rest of us, but not for the poor fella behind the sticks. Not one of us was born an experienced expert. Sht happens, to everyone. Unfortunately for him, it was in a huge crowd at a big event with everyone watching. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

nice to here everyone took the incident with class.

was at the shootout with the girlfriend a few years ago, went to dog days late in the afternoon so you know there were plenty of boats there!!! It was my first power boat, first boat with twins and only 10 or so hours of time with it...man did I look like a true rookie docking with everyone sitting up at the bar!!!! Hit the throttles while in neutral instead of the shifters right off the bat which got everyones attention!!! at least I didn't hit anthing!!!! LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Actually, I believe that the young man works very hard cutting down trees and saved up 95K to buy his first boat. There was no Daddy (or loan) involved.

Yep, an apology from you is in order to the youngster!!

Good for him! And agreed.

I was 26 when I bought my Cig. She's mine, all mine, and was the product of hard work and diligence, yet you wouldn't believe all the snickers and snide 'daddy' remarks you'd hear from people.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I did it with my Tiger at redeyes on the offshore performance poker run in 06, the current there is tough anyhow and a lady on the pier who wasn't a boater was taking pics and offered to throw off a bow line, well she was too busy taking pics and held the bow line and i went into a big donzi, no damage but lesson learned. things happen it's how you deal with the aftermath that makes the person
Old 06-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Any kid (I'm old too), that works hard and saves that kind of coin for what he wanted, will do just fine learning the ins and outs of the beast.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many of us would have done piloting such a beast as a first boat

I know I wouldn't be ready to handle it.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

I dont know what feeling is worse at that moment......

1)Knowing that you may scratch a fellow boaters beautiful paint job or other damage

2) or knowing everyone is watching and thinking..."Im so glad thats not me right now."

Either way, its a terrible PANIC feeling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.