Notices

MERRIT ISLAND to WEST PALM BEACH FL

Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 1,774 Likes on 698 Posts
Default HIrams.

[QUOTE=Boomer35;3703388]
Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
I've been to all 3 bellow over the yrs and all were nice.

Sebastian:

http://www.hirams.com/

http://www.captnbutcher.com/

QUOTE]

this is great info, between these 2 which would you pick?
Butchers is cool but has a small harbor, pub, restaurant, hotel and is kinda off the beaten path.

Hirams docks are unprotected but sits almost directly behind an island for shelter and has actual dock staff. If you have not been to Hirams, it's a must do IMO. Killer tiki bar on the beach, great bands on the weekends, fair food, million dollar view w/a decent hotel w/a pool. Can get water front rooms too.
The islands and the sand bar at the inlet are right there also. Could easily spend a day playing in the area by boat and local pubs by bicycle (Hirams rents em), foot etc at night. There are 3 other pubs that close to Hirams, all w/their own personality.
You will be limited in dockage in our area by size of your boat. If you pick either one here local, I'd get your reservations in. It gets busy quick.
If you are bringing 30'+ boats Hirams is one of the few capable that has everything you're looking for.
If you want more info give me a ring and I'll be glad to help how ever I can.
Gary, 772-571-3857
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Love to go, but I have to work, have fun and take lots of pics. Where are you launching in Brevard Co?
Dean
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Love to go, but I have to work, have fun and take lots of pics. Where are you launching in Brevard Co?
Dean
Hey Dean-

Funny you ask that, because i just came online to ask you of a nice place to launch the boats, and keep the truck and trailers safe... One of the trucks will be heading back to Jax wednesday, and then back down to WPB Saturday, so that trailer would be left unattached to a truck...

what are your suggestions?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Got Wednesday and Thursday booked, having a hard time with Jupiter, Blowing rocks has a fishing tournament that weekend. Any other spots like blowing rocks?

also, still looking for a good place to launh in Merritt Island
Old 06-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer35
Got Wednesday and Thursday booked, having a hard time with Jupiter, Blowing rocks has a fishing tournament that weekend. Any other spots like blowing rocks?

also, still looking for a good place to launh in Merritt Island
Just continue to Sailfish which is another hour past Jupiter (about 11 miles outside from inlet to inlet). You have Peanut Island right in front of Sailfish and you can also anchor outside the inlet off Palm Beach if it is flat. South side of inlet is deep (3-5 ft) right up to about 5 ft off shore. Since it is Palm Beach.......nobody is ever on the beach!

Jupiter can be an easy ride from Sailfish if you wanted to get back there for a day trip. You can also head south to West Palm (just a couple of bridges) from Sailfish and the town of WPB just build new city docks to visit Clematis Street via water.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Just continue to Sailfish which is another hour past Jupiter (about 11 miles outside from inlet to inlet). You have Peanut Island right in front of Sailfish and you can also anchor outside the inlet off Palm Beach if it is flat. South side of inlet is deep (3-5 ft) right up to about 5 ft off shore. Since it is Palm Beach.......nobody is ever on the beach!

Jupiter can be an easy ride from Sailfish if you wanted to get back there for a day trip. You can also head south to West Palm (just a couple of bridges) from Sailfish and the town of WPB just build new city docks to visit Clematis Street via water.
What is it like parking at Sailfish lately? Last time I was there (month ago) they wouldnt let us park at the gas dock (it was empty) so we parked at the yacht dock that was 8 feet high... it was a little ridiculous considering nobody was at the gas dock/main dock.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
What is it like parking at Sailfish lately? Last time I was there (month ago) they wouldnt let us park at the gas dock (it was empty) so we parked at the yacht dock that was 8 feet high... it was a little ridiculous considering nobody was at the gas dock/main dock.
You can never park at the gas dock.... They have 4/5 free slips just south of the gas dock at the south end of the property. If those are taken the dock guys will always find you a slip for a few bucks....
Old 06-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on Peanut Island and Downtown West Palm Beach. Do yourself a favor and run outside from Jupiter Inlet to Palm Beach Inlet...unless you like a lot of idle speed only.

Stop at Square Grouper's at Jupiter Inlet...you might run into Alan Jackson there. He lives up the street on Jupiter Island and runs a custom 60 foot Merritt "Hull Billy" out of Jupiter Inlet. Kenney Chesney is in there occasionally also. Square Grouper is where Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet shot the video "It's Five O Clock Somewhere".
Old 06-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Registered

Received 1,774 Likes on 698 Posts
Default Not.....

Fort Pierce is ghetto.
by the water/marina. Down town is a block away and is full of cafe's that open onto the street at night. Spotless clean and very nice.
Sunrise Theater is right there as well.

Now if you end up on the west side of US 1........
Old 06-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

also, still looking for a good place to launh in Merritt Island[/QUOTE]

Bommer,
You never called me back....... give me a call.
Dean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.