Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat & Accessory Theft Alarms?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27806-boat-accessory-theft-alarms.html)

Organdonor 07-02-2002 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Click here to go to boatpatrol.com

Boat Patrol™Alarm Kit
$299.00
Description: Alarm unit, remote, perimeter sensor, 130db siren, two magnetic contacts, instructions, one-year limited warranty.

Boat Patrol™ Plus Alarm Kit w/Pager
$399.00
Description: Alarm unit, remote, perimeter sensor, 130db siren, four magnetic contacts, pager unit, pager, accessories, instructions, one-year limited warranty.

Boat Patrol™Additional Remote Transmitter
$39.00
Description: Extra alarm remote control and programming instructions.

Organdonor 07-02-2002 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Click here to go to Marineprotectionp.com

Marine Protection Products
Boat Alarm System
Includes:

1 Unit
1 Horn
1 LED Light
Wiring for a 21foot boat
7 Switches (Securing up to seven (7) compartments)
14 Wire Protectors
25 Screws
9 Wire Connectors
2 Battery Connectors
14 Wire Ends
7 Wire Tubes
7 Wire Straps

Price: $179.95
Additional Switches available for $35.00 each

Organdonor 07-02-2002 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope the above systems are what your looking for. Let us know what you do end up doing to make your boat more secure. :)

Andy Buzz 07-03-2002 12:22 AM

I can offer you an awesome marine alarm. It has a miniature control module with many trigger capabilities. Has backup battery if some cuts power it will sound. And has miniature remote controls that are truly waterproof. Yes, you can even swim with the remote in salt water no problem. The remote is smaller that a postage stamp.

There is nothing on the market smaller. I can sell to OSO members for $115.00.

These units work on jet skis, boats, and motorcycles. They are compatible with Viper frequency to code your car and boat alike. I can even make boat lift go up and down by adding $58 module.

I have been in the security business for twenty years. There is a lot of junk out there. Beware. If you need free advice feel free to call on my at (813)882-8477

Andy Buzz

blown formula 07-03-2002 09:46 AM

:( Andy, that sounds really cool !! Unfortunately, I did not see your reply until today. I purchased a Viper last evening (at dealer cost) with Infrared detector, peremiter, two sirens, remotes, speakers, etc. We will see how it works this afternoon when I go to the lake for a long July 4th weekend. Thanks everybody!!

Andy Buzz 07-03-2002 08:50 PM

What I am suggesting is not a Viper car alarm. Although Viper is without a doubt the best for auto security, the circuit board is not conformal coated for marine applications. The moisture and salt air usually will corrode and destroy unit.

The remotes around a boat also need attention as even a wet bathing suit pocket will ruin the remote.

What Ii suggested has waterproof remotes and a conformal coated board. It will work on the same frequency as a Viper so you can code your car to operate your boat from one remote.

If anyone needs security or audio assistance feel free to call on me. I have been doing this stuff over 20 years and have over 42,000 satisfied customers. My store sells everything imaginable for car, truck or boat. We also sell home entertainment products carrying all kinds of home theatre systems.

blown formula 07-10-2002 12:01 PM

:) Andy, I realize the unit you are selling does have a higher value due to being "marinized" and the waterproof remotes. This is not a concern to me as the unit will only be used in freshwater, the remotes will never be carried in a wet pocket and it is hard to say no to a friend & the price of $100.00.....:) If not for that, I would have gone your route!

32fever 07-10-2002 12:48 PM

Just got my new Boating mag in the mail and they have an article on boat theft. Might want to pick up a copy just for reference. Haven't read it yet ,not done looking at the pictures yet :)

Andy Buzz 07-10-2002 11:16 PM

Anything anyone needs in marine car or home audio feel free to call on me for advice or a good deal.