Notices

T6 Ocean LED's

Old 06-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default T6 Ocean LED's

I asked about LEDs a couple of months ago and got quite a large varitey of ideas and products. I went with Ocean LED because they seemed most reasonable in price and the quality of the product. Someone on here had a picture where they mounted there LED's on there outdrive. I liked that idea so much that I decided to that too.

So here is a video I made on youtube, kind of korky but I was having fun I forget the color, it's something blue, but theres 2 T6 lights which are for trailered boats. The shot was the first time out with pretty dirty lake water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxmVBA5urQ&feature=plcp
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good!

I got kind of the same effect with a strip light mounted under my swim platform. A cheap and dirty addition I put on last weekend just tinkering around with my left over strip light. You can even see the props wash.

I think in time I will install some lights such as yours for a more perm install.
Attached Thumbnails T6 Ocean LED's-img_0952.jpg  

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 06-06-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
I asked about LEDs a couple of months ago and got quite a large varitey of ideas and products. I went with Ocean LED because they seemed most reasonable in price and the quality of the product. Someone on here had a picture where they mounted there LED's on there outdrive. I liked that idea so much that I decided to that too.

So here is a video I made on youtube, kind of korky but I was having fun I forget the color, it's something blue, but theres 2 T6 lights which are for trailered boats. The shot was the first time out with pretty dirty lake water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxmVBA5urQ&feature=plcp

Can you take pics, and how did you mount them to the drive?
Old 06-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I took the wing plates off that attach my hydraulic steering and traced them over a sheet of aluminum. And left enough space on the bottom to mount the LEDs. Then I mounted the wing plates back on with the sheet of aluminum underneath. I ran the wires up with the trim indicators and through the transom where the speedo cable went in. Simple process.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool looking!