Notices

Savannah APBA race

Old 06-29-2002, 09:18 AM
Curt

Default Savannah APBA race

What is the plan for launching boats in Savannah? I have been told by the local hotels and marinas that the closest boat ramps are 20 to 30 minutes outside of town! And then once you launch the boat, where in the world is everyone storing trailers? I don't think the hotels downtown will have sufficient parking. I called the APBA office and the girl I spoke to didn't seem to have a clue or care. In fact she suggested I call the local chamber of commerce!!! I have been to Savannah several times in the past but already had the boat in the water so none of this was an issue. Thanks for the advice.

Old 06-29-2002, 09:27 AM
Offshore Addiction

I think the races are going to off of the Tybee Island, I have not received anything as far as the specifics. If you find out let us know- parking is going to be a problem- especially in downtown....

Old 06-29-2002, 10:10 AM
boater31

curt, are you going to join us in the poker run on friday or when are you coming to town? where are you staying? we have dockage set up at the westin and our launching marina is on wilmington island. the racing sat and sunday are on the north end of tybee. if you are coming , let us know and you can follow us out on sat to watch them. thanks...russ 912-313-8686

Old 06-30-2002, 10:25 PM
SunseekerNY

I have no clue what this means, but I just got off the phone with FastyEdy from SuperboatUSA.com, and he told me that the race was moved to out in the ocean?

Jennifer

Old 07-01-2002, 07:25 AM
Curt

Hi Rus. I am not planning on running the poker run at this point. Some of my friends from Lake Murray will be there with you. Brad Whitfield and his crew will be running it. I am interested in watching the Kilo runs Friday which are being run at the same time on the river it appears. As far as launching and trailer storing, what accomodations do you have for trailer storage? Can a non poker runner store a trailer wherever that is? About how far from downtown Savannah is this island you are referring to?Once I am in the water I am keeping the boat at the Hyatt directly across the river from the Westin. I called the Westin and the marina was full.

Old 07-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Curt

Does anybody from Savannah launch boats? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 07-01-2002, 07:29 PM
boater31

curt, call me at 912-313-8686 and i can help you. we are launching from hogans marina and are storing some trailers at a school lot near there. hogans number is 912-897-3474 but you need to let them know that i sent you to get the right deal as they have some launch and fuel specials for the poker run teams i would be glad to share w/ you. thanks...russ floyd

Old 07-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The race is out in the ocean, off Tybee Island and
the kilos will be on the river.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have relatives who live near Savannah and can't find information on how to view this race.......if it's in the ocean, is it visible from land at all? Their boat is down so can't be in spectator fleet. any info?