Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for a web site with more info on BPM drives >

Looking for a web site with more info on BPM drives

Notices

Looking for a web site with more info on BPM drives

Old 07-02-2002, 12:01 AM
Jeff-02

Default Looking for a web site with more info on BPM drives

Anyone know of a good web site with info on BPM surface drives?

Old 07-02-2002, 12:23 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

raceboats.com they might have a link. if they don't send me an email and I can get you there phone # tomorrow.
pat W
Old 07-02-2002, 12:36 AM
Jeff-02

Thanks Pat,

I'm familiar with Platinum's web site and the pictures at http://www.raceboats.com/bpm.html but I'm only in the "dreaming" phase right now so I thought I should see if I could dig up some background info first so I would be able to ask more intelligent quesitons later.

There must be some comparisons between BPM's and Trimax drives for example or even some general discussion on BPM drives somewhere... but I can find almost nothing written about BPM drives on the web ???

Thanks again.

Old 07-02-2002, 01:51 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out the Arneson Surface Drive Web site: www.arneson-industries.com

The drives are basically the same, with BPM adding a fixed trim cylinder, a longer propeller shaft and incorporating a rudder for steering. BPM has a licensing agreement with Arneson to manufacture their version.

I do not believe you will find a web site on BPM even though still make a V12 engine, there is no web site information on them that I have ever seen.

You can fix an Arneson and use a rudder for steering or use the steering system that Arneson has. Arneson now makes a longer propeller shaft that is the same length as the BPM one as well as a counter rotation drive unit, removing the need for counter rotating engines.

Web Sites that show a BPM shot are Flexitab, (AKA Victory Design) they make one of the fixed trim cylinders (others make these as well, i.e. Arneson & Latham) as well as rudders and steering cylinders for the rudders. http://www.flexitab.com/ (Mr. Acampora)

Nicolini Offshore has some photo’s (some of the best on the internet at least) of the BPM Drives… http://www.nicolinioffshore.com/frame.htm Click on the transmissions link for photo’s.

Last but not least, contact Randy Scism. He uses the BPM on his boats; there are photos of the boat “Rare Breed” on the Smoke on the Water poker run thread that shows the drives vaguely.

Hope this is helpful.

Rik
Old 07-02-2002, 02:29 AM
Jeff-02

Thanks catmando.

BPM has a licensing agreement with Arneson to manufacture their version.
And thank you very much for the info Rik. Very helpful. I didn't realize there was a licensing relationship between the two. Thanks again!