Notices

Avance Boats????........

Old 07-02-2002, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Avance Boats????........

These really arnt to much of a performance boat, but i figured you all would know something about them.

Good friend of mine is looking at Center Consoles and a broker is trying to sell him an AVANCE. Neither of us know anything about this boat. It is a 1993 33ft and the broker said that it is a Cigeratte hull but were only made from like 1990-1994.

I looked it up on nadaguides.com and they say it is worth about 45K and the broker said he will sell it in the low 50's but with newer merc 250's

What are the in's and out's/pro's and con's. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Avance Boats????........-avancepic.jpg  
Old 07-02-2002, 10:10 AM
Registered

I was waiting for someone to say something about them that knows something about those boats. I've never heard of them. And when buying a boat that nobody has heard of, financing is tough to get, and more importantly, selling the boat a few years down the road is really, really tough. It could be a knock off, and who knows how it is built, it could be built great, or it could be a total piece of sh*t. Who knows, that's the problem with knock off boats, yeah it might be the shape of a cigarette, but how is it built? If people post below and tell you they know of them being around and they are built great, ect.. I'd feel better, but still be leary of it.

I'd feel better in a scarab, fountian, or cigarettte center console though, which I see in that same price range all the time; 1998-1999 30-33' for 55-60K with twin 225's, so this 1993 ctr cnsl sounds pretty high priced to me, and let me guess, he's pushing it real hard, cuz he's been sitting on it for a few years now since he took it on trade. Well your friend will be stuck with it soon, just like the dealer. Unless you hear alot of positives about people that know the boats, I would steer clear of it. They may be a local company with a big following around your area, I dont know, but that's how sunsation was around here for a long time, and they are a good boat, and now well known all over the country. Since this was only made from 1990-94 it didn't make it for some reason, and that's enough reason for me to stay away, plus it doesn't really sound like much of a deal to me, not for a knock off (if that's what it is). Just keep repating this to yourself when talking to the broker..." You're talking to a professional bull**** artist"

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 07-02-2002 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:25 AM
Registered

I Just looked on traderonline.com for them, there were 3, a 1993 for 57K, and a 2000 for 63K, , there was another in there too but I didnt check it out. One was in conn, and the other in miami, so they did spread around the country somewhat, Does anyone know more?
Old 07-02-2002, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

The one in CT has been for sale for awhile. Have the boat surveyed if its a solid boat and its what you want then get it, just remember the rresale will be tuff as stated by Rob.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:17 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default avance boats

contact Ralph Barca at Global Yacht Sales in Miami.He was the builder of these boats.