Notices

transom LED lights

Old 06-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transom LED lights

hey everyone
My name is mitch im 21 new here on offshore, im from central, ohio just bought my first boat, ive been around boats for my whole life. Just bought an 1989 Stingray SVC 222 with a built 350sbc with alpha drive.

Im looking for LED transom lights and i see west marine now has their bay blaze led's and they are a good price. Read reviews and havent seen anything bad. Just wondering if anyone has used them.
Heres a link http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...&ci_sku=952888
Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Mitch, I just spoke to a guy in are area who said he has installed 1400 of those LEDs, and only 2 have failed. He is well know around here for his stereo and lighting and I would have to believe they are good, just thought I would mention that
Old 06-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Registered

As long as your not looking for a lot of color options look into Coastal. They arent as bling bling as other mfgs. they are geared more towards fish boats, but they are high quality, hand made, and super bright. Chris is a true class act to deal with. The hull truth crowd swears by them.

http://www.coastalnightlights.com
Old 06-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

I will chime in....

http://www.lumiteclighting.com/seablaze3dualcolor.html

Lumitec lighting, different configurations. Small hole needs to be drilled in transom. 3 seasons no problems. Super, super bright. I have all blue. A few more bucks, not many then what you were looking at, but these have a proven track record!!!! You won't be sad
Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Registered

Default Maybe three weeks ago...

If you go back a number of pages you will find two or three threads on here. I am thinking they were something like three weeks ago or so.

I really don't remember the specifics other than, if my memory serves me correctly, they were lengthy.

You might want to also investigate [url]http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?SearchText=led+lights++underwater&IndexArea =product_en&

Where do you play? Buckeye, Olentangy, Erie, Alum, Mirror Lake?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Hey Mitch, I just spoke to a guy in are area who said he has installed 1400 of those LEDs, and only 2 have failed. He is well know around here for his stereo and lighting and I would have to believe they are good, just thought I would mention that
So the west marine ones arent too shabby?

Thanks everyone for chiming in. I might order so interior led light tape from coastal soon!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BoatShow239
If you go back a number of pages you will find two or three threads on here. I am thinking they were something like three weeks ago or so.

I really don't remember the specifics other than, if my memory serves me correctly, they were lengthy.

You might want to also investigate [url]http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?SearchText=led+lights++underwater&IndexArea =product_en&

Where do you play? Buckeye, Olentangy, Erie, Alum, Mirror Lake?
I play at buckeye and alum mostly. They are equal distance from my house. I also boat on the muskingum river bc we have 5acres on the water there.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Registered

Which pool on the Muskingum?

Have you ever done the Dresden to Marietta Trip?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BoatShow239
Which pool on the Muskingum?

Have you ever done the Dresden to Marietta Trip?
havent done that route yet. but we have property between Malta/McConnelsville and Stockport i think thats between lock 6 and 7? we live closer to stockport end tho
Old 06-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

River Marine Supply in Miami carry the Lumitecs also. ALOT cheaper than West Marine. Do a seach for them, they have an online store.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.