Notices

Water scum

Old 06-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by machloosy
Ron,
Sat in the Seneca River May-Sept. I'm going to paint it on as thick as I can handle tonight and then go to dinner and see the results after. I'll wash the trailer off before I leave. If this stuff causes issues on the trailer, how will the outdrive handle it? Obviously same crud covers both the outdrive and the prop. The stainless prop literally feels like its been painted with grit...
The prop will clean itself trust me.

I put the stuff on everything, the painted drive will handle it as well, just watch around the anoides.

If you plan on buffing the boat after just hit the crud with a deck brush before rinse
Old 06-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try FSR they sell it at westmarine works great
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Lemon Juice

Try it, you won't be disapointed
Old 06-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Registered

Get Mary Kate On and Off. Put in pump sprayer. Wear goggles and mask. Wet down trailer and concrete. NOT BOAT. Spray bottom. Let soak. Work with NEW 6 inch plastic putty knife. GO easy, the crust will break up. Repeat after boat dries.

That crust laughs at Slimey grimey, pro one and everything else.

Trust me, I've actually done this & used most products. On & Off is the real deal. Muratic acid in close second but much harder on you and trailer and concrete.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This thing called work, keeps stopping my progress. I'm armed with a spray bottle, gloves, and a putty knife. 50:50 water:acid mix. Have a wire wheel and a drill to handle the prop!

I'll post up before/after pictures later.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by machloosy
This thing called work, keeps stopping my progress. I'm armed with a spray bottle, gloves, and a putty knife. 50:50 water:acid mix. Have a wire wheel and a drill to handle the prop!

I'll post up before/after pictures later.
Go with Slimy Grimy... one full 16oz jar with HOT 3gal of water... if it doens't come off with that... wet sand with 1500 sand paper and than get a buffer same one everyone talks about on here and get a product called "Diamond Cut"

For the drives, just spray on muriatic acid and than pressure wash the drives and if necessary acid and pressure wash again.

If you have any chrome parts. Mother's Mag and aluminum polish and you will be the envy of all.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mothers chrome/metal polish is gooooood stuff. Always had good luck, but need to cut through the crud on the prop to get too the metal too polish it. Should be able to get to this stuff in the next 2-3hrs!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default scum

by the on@off get a sprayer off of an old bottle of whatever put the sprayer right on the on@off bottle spray on and let sit but not to long you should be able to see the stuff going to work right away. Make sure the trailer and the bunks are wet because it will raise hell with a galvanized trailer. I do this procedure after every time i take the boat out. I get the Delaware River Tea Stain on the boat after every ride. The whole procedure takes about ten minutes. Also make sure you wear safety glasses or goggles. Do not get on the down wind side of this stuff because it will take you're breath away. It will also tear up concrete so if this comes into play make sure the concrete is wet. Rinse the sprayer out if you can because if you don't it is not going to work the next time you try it. Hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Muratic Acid 50:50 with water... Holy CHIT!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Registered

Yeah be careful with that stuff. We had a whole gallon of muratic that id dilute down to shoot on drill core to see if it fizzed or not (limestone). When id cut it down, the gallon jug would smoke when i opened it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.