Notices

'82 excalibur hawk 40

Old 06-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '82 excalibur hawk 40

I just bought an excalibur hawk 40 and would like to find someone who has knowledge about this boat. The boat had been sitting in a pasture for the last 4 years and I finally talk the man into selling it. The boat has 2 502 Efi motors and 1 bravo 3 drive. The other was stolen... So I'm in search of one of those also. My questions are: how big are the fuel tanks? Looks like it might have 2 tanks..... The water holding tank... Where do you pump it out at? There is a valve under the dash and what looks like May open up and let water in .... What is that for? There is a toilet and sink where does that water come from? The man who had the boat knew nothing about it.... So I'm stumped! Any help would greatly appreciated!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Approx 200 Gallons, 1 tank fill from both sides.
Toilet and Sink suck in raw water from thru hull in bottom. Holding tank and valve are likely not legal, you will need to remove the option for over board dump on toilet discharge.

Was it covered up? Could be seriously rotten!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So do I need to remove the toilet and sink? Or is there another solution? The boat was covered the cockpit area and have nothing rotten... The valve seems like it has seized up and won't move. It has a water fill point by the left gas cap.... Where does that water go and how does it drain.... Or does it pump out overboard also.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

You dont need to remove the toilet or sink. You need to replace the y valve that can be switched to dump overboard. There should be a water tank under one of the counter tops. Follow the inlet hose.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is there any website that I can go to see this boat when it was new? I would like to have a list of what came on the boat, because there seems like there are some things missing.... Like the vents in there cabin area..... I followed the vent hoses back and they lead to no where.... Like the fresh air pump or wherever had been removed.....
Old 06-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ok... Please bare with me I'm a little dumb on all of this.... You said change the valve so it will dumb overboard? Or change it so it wont dump overboard? If doesnt dump overboard..... Where will it dump? And the water inlet by the gas cap... That must be for the sink only right? Since it draws in raw water for the toilet?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whiskeyhangover
Ok... Please bare with me I'm a little dumb on all of this.... You said change the valve so it will dumb overboard? Or change it so it wont dump overboard? If doesnt dump overboard..... Where will it dump? And the water inlet by the gas cap... That must be for the sink only right? Since it draws in raw water for the toilet?
I would imagine the water from the sink and waste from the toilet goes into a holding tank.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope he paid you to haul it away.

This kind of a boat buy usually ends as a long, expensive learning process.
Compounded by the age, boat size and lack of personal knowedge. Good Luck!

The Y valve allowed discharging of holding tank water overboard which is now illegal on any US waterway and out to the 3 mile territorial boundary. The overboard discharge should be capped/bypassed.

The vents are likely fresh air bilge blower intakes had a flex hose (like dryer vent) that drew fresh air down to the bilge? A blige blower then forces air out the transom somewhere via a second flex hose.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, I realize that too, but, this isnt the first offshore boat i've owned,but, it is the first one i've owned that was this old. Expensive? Maybe.... But money isnt really an option.... I realize that the overboard dump is illegal... But there has to be a way to to send it to a holding tank. What I cant find is the holding tank for the fresh water without tearing out the upholstery. Believe it or though the boat may have sat for a long time but it looks brand new with new 502's in it. The man just lost intrest iin it
Old 06-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.