Notices

switzer ss240 questuions

Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would I have to do? Gut the boat and refoam it?.. could I have a fuel issue?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

could also be overtrimming if you say you trim all the way up....have you tried going up then a touch back down?

Smelling fuel does not sound normal either.

Good luck either way, lots of knowledge on this site to help you out
Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Racer
Racer

4700rpm is still 4700rpm and your turning a 23p prop at that.

You may need to find you gear ratio and check the slip % - maybe the props not a 23p after all.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by optionslvtr
What would I have to do? Gut the boat and refoam it?.. could I have a fuel issue?
Have you tried a good old fashioned tune up? Always a good place to start. Change the oil, filter and water separating fuel filter too.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

I have done a tune up,,, but have not changed the fuel filter. Would this be a issue.. unwilling probly change that this weekend then.. the guy at a local marina told me not to change the wires if its running ok,,so I did not ,,just plugs and oil I did... So change the filter as well... Idk if this is a dumb question buy my prop is corroded should clean and shine this up again..
Old 06-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

If the boat is turning the RPMS an running right look at the boat an prop. Get someone to take a picture of the boat running trimed up w.o.t an post a picture. Let us see whats going on an the R.P.S at the time of the picture. I really think Your draging the boat. Heavy with water or trim. Pictures will help us. Artie
Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

im wondweing if the fuel smell is coming from the fuel being traped under the floor and the foam is holding it back from leaking..find the fuel smell first and where its coming from before the boat exploads and you kill someone..now that you let it be known on a public forum its most likely nation wide and if something were to happen in the near future its known here and where ever this webbsite's server is linked to...
Old 06-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
im wondweing if the fuel smell is coming from the fuel being traped under the floor and the foam is holding it back from leaking..find the fuel smell first and where its coming from before the boat exploads and you kill someone..now that you let it be known on a public forum its most likely nation wide and if something were to happen in the near future its known here and where ever this webbsite's server is linked to...
Very good point. When I pulled my boat out of winter storage a number of years ago, I opened the cockpit cover and got a blast of gasoline fumes. Ended up having to replace a leaking fuel tank. That could have been a BIG issue.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Registered

+1
Old 06-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered

I'm gunna pull the floor next week,, thanx for the concern.. I will keep u guys posted.. I know the floor was replaced 2 years ago and looks good.,, but I still want to check under there too see, since u said something.. I will be trying everything y guys say till I make it right.. because I know its def not at its potential speed.. any other things I should explore or check?? It's greatly appreciated guys!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.