Notices

My Way Mishap?

Old 06-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey psi, these guys were part of the abay poker run that is organized/sanctioned by poker runs america. I think they would be better prepared to answer that sort of question, anytime that I've seen a poker run on the st Lawrence there has always been lead patrol boats clearing the way for theses guys to blast through-it's not 1 lead boat either there are a few which includes police boats its very well organized event , laid out course etc and I know there are members on Oso that can attest to that. But like anything else all it takes is one knucklehead to think that the helicopter is out there to take pics of their 18.5 bayliner

The speed was accurate, above 190. I couldn't imagine what a spin at that speed would feel like

Phantom, just thought of another way maybe I can move to the u.s and get a 135yr mortgage and just roll the mystic and a trailer all in one
Old 06-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Again, I don't have all the facts. So my statements were made based on an open to the public waterway... If it was closed course, or there were pace boats out there than that does change the circumstances.. However, I doubt there was a 190 mph pace boat.....

Now if it was a closed course and a jet ski or other boat made its way into the path of this rocket, than that opens up a whole other side of things...

Last edited by low_psi; 06-26-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

if i was him, i'd be buying lottery tickets...isnt that the first time or close to it that someones wiped out a cat at over 150 and lived to tell about it??
Old 06-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Registered

Bill T could buy the lottery corporation.........
Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Racer
Racer

Glad everyone made it through unscathed..to much loss recently....that said

Bill,Gregg, Bob, Rich....HEADS UP>>> There's an offshore race in Sarasota this weekend !! And we would enjoy the company (Big piston or Turbine) on the racecourse..plenty of limelight to go around!

small print....... you will have to turn...fast...like 50 times...actually ..you going to have to turn ridiculously fast...like 50 times...and... there is no lunch stop (wtf)....and unfortunately, no one cares who made it to the first turn, first.....oh..and you can't slow down for 80 miles..(sorry, it's just kinda how it is).. probably will be other boat traffic on the course (no jet skis though) so you will have to avoid them..if possible ....yeah and well one last thing...the water probably won't be flat as a pancake. (I know.. really? )

Seriously, were making some calls to see if we can get to lay down a little bit .... no one has called us back yet so your props will most likely get some airtime.

http://www.sarasotasurf.com/Webcam.aspx

So pack your beast up and come show us how it's done in front of 75k fans. (or pack your family and friends up and come say hello and hang with all (your friends) the racers and crews in the pits)...either way ,we'd ALL love to see you guys at one of the best races of the year!!

XOXO

Miss Geico
Old 06-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
if i was him, i'd be buying lottery tickets...isnt that the first time or close to it that someones wiped out a cat at over 150 and lived to tell about it??
this was in 2005 at the 1000 Islands poker run, but I was told by the son and another guy who was on the boat for the run, I do not know who he was or what his name was.

but at the time, it was the 46 Skater, I beleive the 2nd one, and they told me they had stood that boat up at 160 mph earlier that year or the year before that. My memory is a little fuzzy. I beleive they said it was a big hole or rogue wave on Lake Ontario, I guess again lucky there was nothing big after what stood them up.

not a wipe out, but still could have been bad.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Racer
Racer

The Great lakes are BRUTAL on offshore boats. Very hard water, Like racing on rocks. We've been bitten a number of times.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
The Great lakes are BRUTAL on offshore boats. Very hard water, Like racing on rocks. We've been bitten a number of times.
You are right on there.!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:19 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Glad everyone made it through unscathed..to much loss recently....that said

Bill,Gregg, Bob, Rich....HEADS UP>>> There's an offshore race in Sarasota this weekend !! And we would enjoy the company (Big piston or Turbine) on the racecourse..plenty of limelight to go around!

small print....... you will have to turn...fast...like 50 times...actually ..you going to have to turn ridiculously fast...like 50 times...and... there is no lunch stop (wtf)....and unfortunately, no one cares who made it to the first turn, first.....oh..and you can't slow down for 80 miles..(sorry, it's just kinda how it is).. probably will be other boat traffic on the course (no jet skis though) so you will have to avoid them..if possible ....yeah and well one last thing...the water probably won't be flat as a pancake. (I know.. really? )

Seriously, were making some calls to see if we can get to lay down a little bit .... no one has called us back yet so your props will most likely get some airtime.

http://www.sarasotasurf.com/Webcam.aspx

So pack your beast up and come show us how it's done in front of 75k fans. (or pack your family and friends up and come say hello and hang with all (your friends) the racers and crews in the pits)...either way ,we'd ALL love to see you guys at one of the best races of the year!!

XOXO

Miss Geico
Damn Marc - Don't remember that many turns or fans but ur close! LOL
Old 06-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Registered

I have only been on Lake Ontario a little bit, but it was pretty rough, and I hear how rough all of them are, the Great Lakes.

I just mentioned for the luck factor or just that that incident could have ended badly.

on another note, what is the roughest race you have been in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.