Donzi Classic Stereo Advice >

Donzi Classic Stereo Advice

Notices

Donzi Classic Stereo Advice

Old 06-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 158 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Donzi Classic Stereo Advice

Hey guys, I have a Donzi 22' Limited Edition Blackhawk. Im in the beginning of getting it back to show room condition. My next step is new stereo. I dont want to spend a ton of money on it but I do want it to be loud and sound good. I was thinking of going with four MB Quart 6x9's and two 10" shallow mount MB Quart subs. I just recently replaced the factory kenwood 6x9s in my Formula and am pretty impressed overall with them. I'm sure they would be more than adequate for the small space in the classic cockpit?

Now for what I really need advice on.... Amps

I just put A whole new system in my Sea-Ray and went with an Alpine MRP-F300 powering the four speakers and a MRP-M500 powering two JL Audio Marine subs. The system sounds great. Should I go with these amps or step up a bit?

The 6x9 speakers are rated at 60w each rms and the subs 300w each rms. the above amps are rated at 50wx4 rms at 4ohms and I bridged the mono and have it at 250w to each sub at 2 ohms. Since the speakers and subs I'm getting are a little more powerful, should I go with The Alpine MRX-F65 for the speakers? It's rated at 110wx4 and therefore wouldn't have to work as hard as the other only pushing 50x4. And for the sub maybe going with The Alpine MRX-M55 which is rated at 550w x1 and bridge them together again for 275w to each sub? I'm not great when it comes to audio and have only just recently started doing it. I did the searay myself from scratch and it came out very good I think. What is everyone's thoughts on the MB Quart stuff? It's price def cannot be beat. Let me know please. Thanks alot!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i had a 43zr i wouldnt be toying with any of the other boats you have....
Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 158 Likes on 71 Posts

Well the 43 has (14) 7.7" JL Audio Marine speakers, (14) JL Audio Marine tweeters, and (4) JL Audio Marine subs powered by (2) JL Audio Marine MHD 900/5 amps and 1 JL Audio Marine MHD 600/4 amp And an Alpine Marine Head unit so it's good to go. Focusing on the 22' Donzi's audio now