Notices

Got a new boat!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rmfriday, I saw the boat there with the Captain on the front deck. Its going to be a madhouse there on that Saturday. I might bring my boat up a couple days in advance and tie of with some of my buddies. They are all along the wall in front of Bettis Grill. I'll look for your velocity there. Im sure Ive seen it on the river before.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats! We're gonna miss it and it's former crew on Lake Michigan! I rode with Paul and Lisa last year for a day...definately a solid boat...and an awesome overnighter.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

Dont worry, they will be back. Paul said he plans on getting another that will be able to keep up with the rest of you on a regular basis. But his temporary loss is definately my gain. Im looking forward to enjoying this boat.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
congrats! We're gonna miss it and it's former crew on lake michigan! I rode with paul and lisa last year for a day...definately a solid boat...and an awesome overnighter.
x2
Old 06-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"...Cat, I got a Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel. Its a 2003 but I can pull 15000lbs with it and this boat on trailer is less than that. Got the truck 3 years ago in anticipation of getting a bigger boat..." RollWithIt

You must have the dually HO. I had a SRW 3500 HO and it was rated 14,300lbs. on the receiver hitch. My 06 was a dually rated 15,850. This is per Sydwayz in the Truck forum.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrtas great looking boat

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats beautiful boat.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RollWithIt -Grand Sport Center and I appreciate the kind words. We treat others how we'd like to be treated. I'll miss that boat but I am happy it went to good hands and know it will continue to stay nice.

To my Chicago mates, thanks also for the kind words, we'll see you out there still, even if it is in our little ski boat. We'll be back again...... another chapter gets written.....
Old 06-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Registered

RollWithIt,

Congrats on your new boat, she looks very sweet indeed!!!
I'm certain y'all are goint to have some fantastic boating aboard her.
If you don't mind I have a couple of questions.
Your motors are the same as mine, 525sc's. What's your pitch on the props and where were you on RPM's at the near 70 speed, and how high is the headroom in the salon?

Thanks and WAY TO GO on your new boat!!!

See ya,
Kelly
Old 06-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Registered

Cat, I have a single rear wheel with the 5.9 HO. From the research I have been able to find the truck is rated for 15k. The problem is I have seen different ratings for the same truck at different sites. They don't make it easy to find out what a vehicle is truely rated for. Either way, this boat on trailer is still under 14K.

Husky, the boat has 26 pitch 4 blade bravo props. I dont know the drive ratio at this time but Im sure its in the volumes of manuals and information Paul provided me. I want to say the RPMs were either 4500 or 4800. I'll double check the next time I'm out running it. Only really got to run it one day so far so Im still learning all its habits. I havent measured the head room in the salon but it has to be around 5' Im 6' 225 and can move around comfortably but I do have to duck down a little.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.