Notices

Got a new boat!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RollWithIT,

It is Bravo 1 26 pitch 4 blades on 1.5 ratio drives. At 70 your spinnin about 5000 rpm. It will spin 5200 in the cool weather and 1-2 ft water netting you about 73 gps. The props are bone stock that I know of.

In regards to the pulley swap, I looked into it. You have "newer" pullies that have an offset forward, the older pullies don't. So be careful when looking at used ones they are the newer style with forward offset. You can see the difference, I can send you photos if needed.

And some will say it should be faster. Explain to them this is a 98 and the drives are DEEP. Baja didn't have "fast" figured out yet. In 2000 the prop shaft went up 2" and then another inch in about 03-04. So shorties are the next step to going faster when ready. Course you could bolt on 27 pitch 3 blade Mirage props and rund faster but at a significant mid range loss.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had a few people say the old "it should be faster" phrase. I try explaining to them that the 36 Outlaw is not the fastest hull design in the world. But it does crush waves. I'm not worried about it enough to start changing pulleys and such. Once the boat is payed off and I get the itch to go faster I'll start looking into shorties and different props at that time. For now I'm as happy as can be.