If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raft Up Rules

My Boats:
    Fast boats, Harleys
    Charleston, WV
    No pontoon boats allowed. The're like a can opener on a plastic boat. Line up the transoms for easy movement from boat to boat. Cross at the back, not the bow. Fat fenders.

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    Fred-last year we were rafted in Fond Du Lac for the poker run. When I came back from lunch I saw this huge fat guy clumsily walking across the boats. By the time I go to the end of the pier the damage was done. He had walked across 3 boats (including mine) with one leg on the sun deck and another on the seats. Like I said he was clumsy. Anyways, just before he got in the boats, he walked through a puddle and tracked the mud right through the boats. All I could do was stand there and look at the mess. It was so bad that another guy why was rafted behind me came up and help me clean up. Just wondering if it was the same schmuck.

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    I once had an idiot walk across my BRAND NEW sun deck vinyl with a piar of those nice steel tipped cowboy know the ones....nice pointy heels too. I told him to take his boots off or get the hell off my boat. He tried to argue that he wasn't hurting anything. Well, he's standing pretty high, I'm in the cockpit....didn't take much effort at all to get him into the drink. He was pretty pissed too. But, he didn't try to get out of the water on MY boat. Bet them was expensive boots....but not nearly as expensive as my new vinyl. This was 7 years ago, and I'd do it again, even though I've grown up some since then.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    I keep 6 fenders on the Formula (2 for the locks) plus 2 sets of jetski holdoffs (rope thru the middle of 4' long sections of pool weenies with some pvc to keep it stiff). I've got (6) 15' lines and (2) 25' lines. I've got a 150' line for towing or anchoring. I've got a 20# vinyl coated anchor and a 10# fluke. I've got 6 towels just for traffic wipe-up.

On the cruiser, I'm stocked with enough stuff to make the Formula look ill-equipped...
    I see London, I see France...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123