Notices

closure

Old 07-02-2002, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default closure

I have mentioned many times the values of the internet and the accuracy of the information that passes through it. Along with all of the useful information we can gather there is also much useless and sometimes even dangerous information. We have come to rely on it for airline reservations, information on products we are looking to purchase, recipes for foods and education or games for our children.

You as a group look at it for the enjoyment of our sport during an otherwise hectic day. That lunch time break. That morning cup of coffee. Some read the newspaper, some read OSO. From prop questions to marine sound systems to offshore racing, OSO is a place unlike any other. The common denominator is the want, the need to be on the water during our time off. Whether it’s the small lake boater or the Bahamas poker run group we all look for the same thing. Sun, fun and speed on water. And from Canada to Florida to California there seems to be one website the majority of the die-hards congregate: OSO. Amazing if you really think about it.

People in all parts of our country turn to www.offshoreonly.com on a regular basis to chat with there friends, harass their friends and talk boats. Some make educated evaluations of a particular boat purchase based on experiences with different companies here. Some straighten problems out with a mechanic or a marina simply by bringing them to light here. Some vent frustrations, some play games and some simply lurk for whatever enjoyment that may bring.

Our recent ad in Powerboat Magazine was nothing for than a little light hearted fun plus a promise to one of the “Gods” to get their name out in our ads to make up for some embarassing moments. I know some of the other antics from my company have not been well received. They are now put to a “mutually agreed upon” rest. Our apologies to you all for any offense.

How we run our company and the way we are perceived by our customers is very important. As a small company we are up against the big dogs. And it is a tough bunch to compete against. But we try harder to present a custom package with more value and personality than what the big dogs offer. But one mistake by us and it is remembered a long, long time.

Today we are trying to mend some fences. Powerplay’s Dan Weinstein and myself had a very lengthy conversation about our positions in the boating world. We both agreed that the obstacles in the past needed to be overcome and that suffering has been felt on both sides. Apologies were expressed and accepted. Both companies are looking at the future and hoping to present great, new products for our customers.

In the future your time will come to evaluate your next boat purchase though Powerboat, Hotboat or Performance and Family Boating. Many will attend boat shows. Many will buy again simply because that is what they had in the past. And some will turn to OSO. We truly hope that both companies, AT and PP, will be considered when that time arises and that you, the OSO members, will remember us for what the custom companies really have to offer: quality, performance and individuality unlike anyone elses.

Thank you,
ATB
Old 07-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well said!!! One thing about people is over time they forget the bad things & only remember the good.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:16 PM
ssherman

Well Put pat now if you would just work on getting a 37 on LOTO I will be the first lets talk. you and I .

Old 07-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Mr. Cecil, I have apologized to Robbie via telephone and also offered any hospitality while in Florida. I also "PMd" you this morning inviting you to discuss the situation over the phone. I assume you received that? If not, please call me tomorrow. Thanks, Pat.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

Pat,
Well said!
Your boats have come a long way in the past 8 or so years. Hopefully this stock market starts treating me better and I can start boat shopping again.
Now if you want to really impress me on your salesmanship try getting Running Hot out of that cruiser and back into a go fast.

Dan
Old 07-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Registered

Fred-

That is a lot of butt kissing for $0.99. Great point.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Too Old,

As someone who started out as nothing more than a customer of AT and know considers Pat a personal friend, I have to say that I see a very sincere apology from the man and a heart felt offer to discuss it with you in person. I guess Im not sure what else he needs to do. I know he didn't condone what others did and now knowing that AT and PP have talked, I think that there really doesn't need to be more said here.

BTW I to am in the hamburger field....I own a Culvers franchise. They are mostly in the midwest. I'm sure you have heard of them in Restaurant News as one of the up and coming new franchises.

Pat,

In the same way you've always delt with me, I think what you wrote on here was straight forward. BTW...as soon as you find a buyer for my boat I could go ahead and order that new boat
Talk to you later.

Todd
Old 07-03-2002, 07:13 AM
Registered

well said Pat. VERY upstanding and appreciated. Best of luck for much future success.

Shane Mahieu
Old 07-03-2002, 08:16 AM
Registered

Default ATB post

Thank you Pat for your post. I would suggest anyone that has questions about the character of Pat or Active Thunder boats give Pat a call and talk to him. I am sure that once you talk to him your opinions will change. He is very passionate about his boats, his customers and his company.

Lets all put this petty, yes it is PETTY bull **** as Robbie and I have discussed several times, behind us all and move forward, PLEASE.

Dan
Old 07-03-2002, 09:05 AM
Registered

Hey Candyman, Which stock market are you on????I don't even look at my ports anymore.It's too damn depressing!Well put Pat, maybe in the future I can start talking to you about that 32 again.Best wishes !!! Dave Warden

Quick Reply: closure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.