Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where and when are fire works in NJ, NY ,&PA (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27906-where-when-fire-works-nj-ny-pa.html)

boot 07-02-2002 07:08 PM

Where and when are fire works in NJ, NY ,&PA

Not sure where I'll be yet .My cats not ready yet and I'm stuck in a 16' Cacci Craft ski boat with a 140hp out board !:D My girl friend is scared to death of it so we have to find calm water . Just wondering about fire works around Barnegate bay , Philly, and some of the lakes in PA and NY . We would like to hit fire works every night if possible . THanks , JOE

enticer 07-02-2002 08:52 PM

C-Spray ....did post a list of the fireworks and locations last week in the Upper Bay and C&D areas...you would have to look a little

P.S. We all want things every night........but life goes on

Shanghied Again 07-02-2002 10:37 PM

Beachwood

Beachwood is firing off it 14000 firework extravaganza Firework show Thursday night the 4th in The Toms River WOBM will be the radio station working in conjunction with the show.

cdaniel525 07-02-2002 10:51 PM

Heres two that i heard of and probably going to : RED BANK on WED. nite (Navasink River) & WINDWARD BEACH in BRICK (METEDECONK RIVER) on THURS. WINDWARD BEACH is just off Barnegat Bay.

boot 07-03-2002 12:51 AM

Thanks guys !

mopower 07-03-2002 09:49 AM

Saturday night at Penns Landing..Philapelphia

thunderdan 07-03-2002 09:53 AM

Joe,

there are also fireworks off of Beach Haven in LBI. they start at dusk tomorrow right across from Bay Village/Fantasy Island. (for those of you have not been to LBI fantasy isanld is a kids park not an adult park.:p )

djm 07-03-2002 10:09 AM

I'll 2nd windward beach, they put on a great show and the water is calm. Beats Point Pleasant's beach fireworks every year.

boot 07-03-2002 11:25 AM

Made plans last night to go to lake hopatcong Friday and Saturday .Hope they have some fire works .

A couple years ago I was told the fire works would be on the ocean at pt pleasant ,when we got there, there was no one ! It was too late to run some where else so we sat in the manisquan and got a private spot to veiw distant fire works in every direction . It was real cool , it was DEAD silent and the water was still . We didn't even anchor and we never moved for an hour . WHen we got back to the Metedeconk river about 500 crazy boats were running at us in the dark . Turns out they were leaving windward beach ! Almost hit a water cop . he came flying out around a big yatch about 2 feet from me ! THen he yelled at ME . Well you bet I screamed back at him with everything I could think of ! :mad: He said sorry and left ......
THats funny , we ran all the way out to the ocean to see fire works and it turns out they had them right where we came from !

djm 07-03-2002 12:12 PM

Forgot to mention that it gets nuts after the fireworks are over. Plan on spending an extra 30 minutes there before pulling anchor. I was in that mess last year it was pretty nerve racking. It was pitch black and big ass cruisers were throwing 4ft wakes everywhere.