Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
did you hear about the girl rowing around lake michigan? >

did you hear about the girl rowing around lake michigan?

Notices

did you hear about the girl rowing around lake michigan?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 331 Posts

On a similar note and no attempt to hijack this thread.
A man is currently running around Lake Michigan and he's doing it at a marathon pace each day ! 26.2 miles daily for appx. 40 days. Also for cancer research.

http://record-eagle.com/sports/x1915...to-raise-funds
Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one cool chick! Hope she makes it safe..
Old 06-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Here is a link to a cool blog. A guy I went to college with completed a trip from Cleveland, Oh to Key West.....

http://www.habitatcrew.com/Habitat-Crew-Home.php
Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Girl rowing !

She just passed Wrinkleface using only 1 oar !
Old 06-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Registered

This is a very cool story, i saw it posted on one of the "other sites". We sponsored a mile in honor of my mother-in-law who passed away from cancer in 2004 after a long battle with it.

Hey it's tax deductible, and for a great cause
Old 06-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default update

she is now in manitowoc wi. rowed 52 miles in the last 2 days . total 173 miles rowing!think of that next time your looking for a parking space close to the door. thats farther than most people I know drive there boats.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered

Thought I'd give an update on Jenn... I have been supporting her efforts for a few miles and checking from time to time to see how her trip has been going... I was shocked to read this a few mins ago... If you are in the area that it happened, keep your eyes open for this POS.

Here is a copy from row4row.com...
Unfortunately, the Row4ROW team has some sad news to report and we need your help.

Jenn was set to row to Beaver Island on Sunday morning but was attacked and sexually assaulted by a man in the early morning hours. The attack occurred in an area south of Gulliver along Lake Michigan in Mueller Township, Schoolcraft County, Mich. Investigators have reason to believe the assailant traveled a significant distance to commit the assault. The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, approximately 5’8” to 6’ tall, with a fair amount of facial stubble hair, but not a full beard nor mustache. The man has light eyes, an average to athletic build and shorter well-kept hair. He was wearing a grayish green t-shirt, jean shorts and tennis shoes. A bright yellow Jeep Wrangler was seen in the area. It has a spare tire on the back with a yellow smiley face on it. Investigators are seeking information about this vehicle. Anyone with information or investigative leads please call the Michigan State Police toll-free at 1-866-411-0018.

Please know that Jenn is safe and in good hands. A statement from her about the trip and future plans will be made very soon. Please re-post this information and help us find this criminal.

Thank you for your continued support of Row4ROW.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
Thought I'd give an update on Jenn... I have been supporting her efforts for a few miles and checking from time to time to see how her trip has been going... I was shocked to read this a few mins ago... If you are in the area that it happened, keep your eyes open for this POS.

Here is a copy from row4row.com...
Unfortunately, the Row4ROW team has some sad news to report and we need your help.

Jenn was set to row to Beaver Island on Sunday morning but was attacked and sexually assaulted by a man in the early morning hours. The attack occurred in an area south of Gulliver along Lake Michigan in Mueller Township, Schoolcraft County, Mich. Investigators have reason to believe the assailant traveled a significant distance to commit the assault. The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, approximately 5’8” to 6’ tall, with a fair amount of facial stubble hair, but not a full beard nor mustache. The man has light eyes, an average to athletic build and shorter well-kept hair. He was wearing a grayish green t-shirt, jean shorts and tennis shoes. A bright yellow Jeep Wrangler was seen in the area. It has a spare tire on the back with a yellow smiley face on it. Investigators are seeking information about this vehicle. Anyone with information or investigative leads please call the Michigan State Police toll-free at 1-866-411-0018.

Please know that Jenn is safe and in good hands. A statement from her about the trip and future plans will be made very soon. Please re-post this information and help us find this criminal.

Thank you for your continued support of Row4ROW.
On my god...what on earth...
Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BBCLiberator
On my god...what on earth...
no chit...what is wrong with people??
Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unbelievable. It never ceases to amaze me how some people in this world can take something great and just sh*t all over it. Disgusting.

Stay strong, Jenn!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.