Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
did you hear about the girl rowing around lake michigan? >

did you hear about the girl rowing around lake michigan?

Notices

did you hear about the girl rowing around lake michigan?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
Thought I'd give an update on Jenn... I have been supporting her efforts for a few miles and checking from time to time to see how her trip has been going... I was shocked to read this a few mins ago... If you are in the area that it happened, keep your eyes open for this POS.

Here is a copy from row4row.com...
Unfortunately, the Row4ROW team has some sad news to report and we need your help.

Jenn was set to row to Beaver Island on Sunday morning but was attacked and sexually assaulted by a man in the early morning hours. The attack occurred in an area south of Gulliver along Lake Michigan in Mueller Township, Schoolcraft County, Mich. Investigators have reason to believe the assailant traveled a significant distance to commit the assault. The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, approximately 5’8” to 6’ tall, with a fair amount of facial stubble hair, but not a full beard nor mustache. The man has light eyes, an average to athletic build and shorter well-kept hair. He was wearing a grayish green t-shirt, jean shorts and tennis shoes. A bright yellow Jeep Wrangler was seen in the area. It has a spare tire on the back with a yellow smiley face on it. Investigators are seeking information about this vehicle. Anyone with information or investigative leads please call the Michigan State Police toll-free at 1-866-411-0018.

Please know that Jenn is safe and in good hands. A statement from her about the trip and future plans will be made very soon. Please re-post this information and help us find this criminal.

Thank you for your continued support of Row4ROW.
I just saw this on the 10pm News in Milwaukee... My heart sunk.. I counldnt believe what I hear... Thats so sad! I hope they catch this guy!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Un-freakin-believeable. You know this (expletive deleted) tracked her blog so he knew where she'd be and when she'd be alone. My faith in humanity has slipped away big time in the past week.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought I'd give an update on Jenn... I have been supporting her efforts for a few miles and checking from time to time to see how her trip has been going... I was shocked to read this a few mins ago... If you are in the area that it happened, keep your eyes open for this POS.

Here is a copy from row4row.com...
Unfortunately, the Row4ROW team has some sad news to report and we need your help.

Jenn was set to row to Beaver Island on Sunday morning but was attacked and sexually assaulted by a man in the early morning hours. The attack occurred in an area south of Gulliver along Lake Michigan in Mueller Township, Schoolcraft County, Mich. Investigators have reason to believe the assailant traveled a significant distance to commit the assault. The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, approximately 5’8” to 6’ tall, with a fair amount of facial stubble hair, but not a full beard nor mustache. The man has light eyes, an average to athletic build and shorter well-kept hair. He was wearing a grayish green t-shirt, jean shorts and tennis shoes. A bright yellow Jeep Wrangler was seen in the area. It has a spare tire on the back with a yellow smiley face on it. Investigators are seeking information about this vehicle. Anyone with information or investigative leads please call the Michigan State Police toll-free at 1-866-411-0018.

Please know that Jenn is safe and in good hands. A statement from her about the trip and future plans will be made very soon. Please re-post this information and help us find this criminal.

Thank you for your continued support of Row4ROW.
The best 2 her & the worst 4 him!!!! Sad
Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read the blog myself. What is this world coming too? As a father of three daughters ages 7-16 I worry about their safety all of the time.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered

Hopefully someone saw something or knows something and will do the right thing. Jenn was doing something great and it sucks to see this happen to her or anyone for that matter!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

The human race can be so disgusting at times.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

She has posted an update on her facebook page and on row4row.org.... she is keeping her head up and staying strong. Very tough this one is...
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Registered

Grrrrrrrrr
Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

She has posted an update on her facebook page and on row4row.org.... she is keeping her head up and staying strong. Very tough this one is...
Wow, she is an ass kicker.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Unbelievable. It never ceases to amaze me how some people in this world can take something great and just sh*t all over it. Disgusting.

Stay strong, Jenn!
Get a rope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.