Commentary: The Spin on 190

Notices

Commentary: The Spin on 190

Old 06-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts
Default Commentary: The Spin on 190

Matt Trulio comments on the reported spin out of My Way, the 50-foot Mystic cat, at the poker run in Alexandria Bay, N.Y., last weekend...

http://speedonthewater.com/commentar...in-on-190.html
Old 06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Johnson
Matt Trulio comments on the reported spin out of My Way, the 50-foot Mystic cat, at the poker run in Alexandria Bay, N.Y., last weekend...

Nicely said Matt!

Glad everyone was OK.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldnt have said it better.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered

Well said and written Matt!

Wasn't My Way sold after Loto or is it still the original owner?
I thought someone told me it sold.

Just curious.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered

Exactly. we have been saying that up here for years!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm all for flaunting it if you got it and he does, as do others, but where at what potential cost?
I would think the River gets pretty small at that speed!
Bill is approachable and kind enough the few times we've spoke on the docks over the last 20 years, but there is a greater responsibility here, both personal and public
one more black eye for the sport waiting to happen- going for the "big show" on venues never intended for those speeds and too many others with just as much right to be out there who are unaware.
Take it to the ocean or at least out in the middle of Lake Ontario.
I know there aren't too many people to "report a sighting" out there, but far, far less likely anybody other than those who accepted the risk in the boat are gonna get killed...

If the jetski part is true, think about having wiped him/her out? Imagine the chitstorm in regards to speed everywhere, but especially right here on our River.

To the go-fasters' on the river it's a quandy- you want to support the freedom, but you sure as he11 don't wan't to live with the potential consequences
that's where responsibilty lies in the owner's hands...
Old 06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
I'm all for flaunting it if you got it and he does, as do others, but where at what potential cost?
I would think the River gets pretty small at that speed!
Bill is approachable and kind enough the few times we've spoke on the docks over the last 20 years, but there is a greater responsibility here, both personal and public
one more black eye for the sport waiting to happen- going for the "big show" on venues never intended for those speeds and too many others with just as much right to be out there who are unaware.
Take it to the ocean or at least out in the middle of Lake Ontario.
I know there aren't too many people to "report a sighting" out there, but far, far less likely anybody other than those who accepted the risk in the boat are gonna get killed...

If the jetski part is true, think about having wiped him/her out? Imagine the chitstorm in regards to speed everywhere, but especially right here on our River.

To the go-fasters' on the river it's a quandy- you want to support the freedom, but you sure as he11 don't wan't to live with the potential consequences
that's where responsibilty lies in the owner's hands...

Great post!
Old 06-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered

No question that there was a LOT of luck involved in spinning at a buck ninety and walking away unscathed. On the other hand, unless someone saw their course and saw too many boats in their path, I disagree with the "wrong place, wrong time" accusations. You can be watching out all you want, but a 60 mph jet ski can get into your path in a hurry. The same statement could be made if they hit a freighter wake, or a floating log. Anything over 90mph is a delicate dance, and a hundred over that is certainly risky. Accidents will happen and any one boat boating accident is the captain's fault by definition, but to say they did something wrong simply bc they did something wrong simply by going fast without having more facts is unfair.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Registered

the 50-foot Mystic catamaran had to turn a bit harder to avoid a personal watercraft.

I would have hit the mother phucker!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.