Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend >

Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend

Notices

Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend

Old 07-04-2002, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Baja Daze and NJ Scarab.............

Baja Daze,
Where did you grow up in North Jersey? I grew up in Morristown, graduated from Morristown High in '96.

NJ Scarab,
Are you from Lake Hopatcong? If so.. do you know Lou Cintron? He graduated Hopatcong high around '97. He is a buddy of mine that owns a deli there near the lake.
Old 07-04-2002, 01:38 AM
NJScarab

If comfort sweets gives u **** about having a trailor you can keep it at my house, I got 2 acres and live 250 ft. from a ramp. If you want to hang call me,973-663-8366
Mike

Old 07-04-2002, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Mike ! My cell is 908-963-2513 if any body wants it . Here is a shot of my ride so you can spot me .
Oh , Look at that cool cat with the friggin shrink wrap still on it !! Oh well ,some day ............
Attached Thumbnails Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend-cacci-craft-1.jpg  
Old 07-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Registered

Hey onemomoto, If I had known you had a spare boat I would have rented yours !!
Would have saved me alot of hassel getting this one ready .

See you all there , I'm outa here !! JOE
Old 07-05-2002, 11:17 AM
onemomoto

Boot the 31 aw.cat is my friends but i will gladly rent it to you its even full of cam two. Just found out we are loading up & heading for the cesapec,chessapic,chessapec what ever,the water down south

Old 07-08-2002, 08:59 AM
Registered

Too bad I didn't see you guys this weekend . njscarab ,I had your number with me and lost it . onemomoto , I cruised the hole lake and didn't see any cats . Tonto ,didn't see the Formula anywhere .

We went out about 2:00 on thursday and got a beeting !! It was rough and burning hot . We came back in and went 'shopping '! (Got to keep her happy ) Friday we were on the lake by 6:00am ! Had a nice ride and hung out on the north east end and did some swimming went in by about noon and saturday we were back out by 6:30 am. Checked out every inch of the lake . The water was flat .Looked like a nice 38 cig on the lower end of the lake . Once it got to be about noon everyday it was just too rough for the little boat . It was a nice place to visit .

If any of you can fine me a place that I can launch my big cat (39'x12') I would appreciate it . I asked around a lot and came up with nothing . Most ramps are too steep and short or narrow , and no one seems to have a lift big enough . I would love to come up again but I am bringing the big boat and I'll need a couple of you to show me around ! I don't want to take chances with damaging the big boat . The little one I'm not so conserned about (it's cheaper to fix ) Thanks for all your replies . We had a good time and want to come back . Let me know if there is a way to launch my big boat .

Thanks ,JOE [email protected]

Last edited by boot; 07-08-2002 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend

Anyone ever find a nice level ramp for launching bigger boats? I'm looking to head up that way and our group has several boats in the 30+ range.

Appreciate your help!!!

Can you stay overnight on Hopatcong lake??
Old 08-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Cool Re: Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend

For all the big guys I think you'll be disappointed after making any kind of trek to run 35mph with all the local nuts on Lake H. I saw the large Formula and a Fountain this weekend. Didn't look like much fun for them. My suggestion is try a week night if possible or hit the Hudson, Finger Lakes or Oneida Lake in upstate NY. Most of the local performance boaters run on the weeknights when the speed limit is not in effect. The water 5 O has definately lightened up enforcing the 35 weekend limit. The lakes obstructions are pretty well marked by the State with floating barrels and are close to shore but if you do hit one it's probably a rock. I live in Elba Point and hang out at the Beach Club on your right as your heading toward the Tidal Wave in the River Styx. I'll ask around about sleeping overnight and the better launches. I don't know of any Hotels on the water with slips. Pics are of my last boat. Waiting patiently for my new ride to be completed. Good Luck and hope to see you around.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend-ct_river_run_2003_00038_01.jpg   Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend-stern-view-inwater.jpg   Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend-stern-open-hatch.jpg  

Last edited by Ing; 08-08-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Registered

Hampton Inn at exit 37 on I 80 is nice. Friendly staff. I usually go to the races held there in May.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Registered

We're ok with the speed limit, looking for something with dockside eats and drinks and marina where we can stay on the boat. We're from North of Allentown and just looking for something different to do.

How is the ramp at the state park? Looking for a ramp that isn't steep and has parking for truck and trailer.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.