Drive showers, now boat won't plane >

Drive showers, now boat won't plane

Notices

Drive showers, now boat won't plane

Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive showers, now boat won't plane

Installed drive showers on my boat and now the boat won't get on plane. Why is this? The boat has never had an issue getting on plane before.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Obvoiusly sucking more air now, How big are the tubes? I have never heard of a drive shower making that big of difference (On Planing). Got any pics?
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered

I had a problem when I installed a double pick-up halo style drive shower on my Formula. It would blow the prop out bad when going up on plane. Switchedtothe single pick-up style and no longer had a problem. On some boats the dual pick-up style shoots water on one side ,sucks air down to the prop on the other side. Does this sound like your problem? Jeff Wurl
Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by hwyrnr
Installed drive showers on my boat and now the boat won't get on plane. Why is this? The boat has never had an issue getting on plane before.
Raise the tubes up in the cavitation plate, this happened to me after installing a dual tube system on a bravo 1 drive, set them at about 3/8 of an inch down, then retest. It worked for me
Old 06-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed Latham showers on mine which are single pick-ups and they instructed to install the pick-up tube on the prop up swing side. So on mine with counter rotating out they are on the inboard sections of the cavitation plate. If installed on the other side the down swing of the prop can suck air causing cavitation.
Attached Thumbnails Drive showers, now boat won't plane-transom-2-.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a nice tail
Old 06-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Registered

The drive showers are the Eddie Marine with the single tube " 1/2" hole ". the pick up is on the up rotation of the props "twin engine counter rotate" Props spin inward so the pick ups are on the out side area of the cavatation plate. before the install the boat took a little time to get on plane but never had an issue getting on plane, and thats with full tanks and 5 adults or quarter tank with 5 adults. I had three adults and two kids and about 1/2 a tank and had to move the ice chests and my buddy had to climb to the front of the cuddy to get the boat to break over. I took the hoses off at the beach and still had an issue with it planing "I didnt have anything to cover the holes in the cavatation plate" I need some advice I'm needing to run the showers. HELP
Old 06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Registered

33outlaw- Ill give that a try.

my boat is a 31 Awesome cat"like the 31American offshore" Bravo XR nose coned lowers and no trim tabs.

My buddy has a wide plate thats mounted to his sportmasters on his 29 DCB. Do the make something like that for a regular lower unit?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes it's called a cavitation plate extension imco and so on make them
Old 06-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

The drive showers are the Eddie Marine with the single tube " 1/2" hole ". the pick up is on the up rotation of the props "twin engine counter rotate" Props spin inward so the pick ups are on the out side area of the cavatation plate. before the install the boat took a little time to get on plane but never had an issue getting on plane, and thats with full tanks and 5 adults or quarter tank with 5 adults. I had three adults and two kids and about 1/2 a tank and had to move the ice chests and my buddy had to climb to the front of the cuddy to get the boat to break over. I took the hoses off at the beach and still had an issue with it planing "I didnt have anything to cover the holes in the cavatation plate" I need some advice I'm needing to run the showers. HELP
OK, thats the same one's I installed on my 33OL, single braided line and cast aluminum polished top cap and had no issues, I installed mine on the inside of both cav. plates,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.