Notices

Powder coating

Old 07-03-2002, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powder coating

I am thinking about having my swim platform powdercoated. Has anyone done this? How much will I likely pay for this service?
Thanks, in advance, for any input .
Attached Thumbnails Powder coating-dsc00355.jpg  
Old 07-03-2002, 08:53 AM
Registered

Get a hold of KCHOTBOAT. He is involved w/ a guy at LOTO who does that.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Powder coating works great on swim plateforms. A friend of mine charges between $75.00-$125.00 depending on the color and if it is sand blasted before he gets it. It may be higher in your area. Mine where done three years ago and still look good.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:55 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Originally posted by tanned fat looks better
Get a hold of KCHOTBOAT. He is involved w/ a guy at LOTO who does that.
Hey that didn't come out right.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

KC-I have two motor mount angles that need to coated white and two grab handles that need to be coated candy purple. Is your buddy able to do them? Let me know as I'm getting twords crunch time on the mounts.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:57 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

He does boat parts all the time. His cell is 573 216-4421 and his name is Jim Kruse. Tell him Rich gave you his number.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I do powder coating for many marine parts applications, but at this point I do not have the equipment to handle anything larger then 5'x2'x2'. Powder coating is definitely the way to go. If the metals are cleaned properly and the correct powder is used, it will last for many years. I can have approximately 3000 colors to choose from. Depending on how much clean up needs to be done on the part, I can usually have it shipped back with in 2 days. Email if interested.
Bruce
Old 07-03-2002, 09:32 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Experience when Powder Coating; learned the hard way:

Take your parts to someone who has been doing this for a LONG TIME! I took two grab rails off of my Sonic, and two Rex Marine battery hold downs to a somewhat new shop in VA. The rails came out great. The battery boxes 'look good from the dock'. You can see thin and heavy spots of the power, and I do not remember them being as pitted as they are now.

When I was using some On/Off, last season, some seeped onto one of my Chrome plated Brass Deck fills. It messed up the finish. I decided to pull both deck fills off, (gas & water), and have them powdercoated. They destroyed both of them. They knew they were brass, and knew to go easy. They PC'd them once, and supposedly, they did not turn out well. They then sandblasted off the PC, and detroyed the brass. They gave them back to me with $100 bucks to replace them both, and return them for another try at PC'ing. I really wanted them purple. I tracked down two deck fills, and delivered. Now they have destroyed a third one. Supposedly the gas fill turned out great this time, but the water fill did not. I am replacing it again, and having it sent there, one last time, so they can match the color I want. (They have been buying the replacement deck fills at $40 a pop.) I am going to give them $20 bucks when I am done, and leave it at that. This place is 50 miles from home, and these trips are adding up. (I have also found a PC shop 10 miles from home now, very highly recommended, and that is where future business is going.)
Old 07-03-2002, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I DO IT!

IT MAY BE COST PROHIBITIVE BUT YOU CAN SHIP IT TO ME. WE CAN HANDLE UP TO 45'L X 12'H X12'W AND UP TO 65 TONS OBVIOUSLY IT FALLS UNDER THAT(FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT YOUR TRAILERS POWDERCOATED.) THE USUAL CHARGE IS AROUND $ 300.00(STANDARD COLORS) WHICH INCLUDES STRIPPING, MARINE PRIMER, AND TOP COAT.........EXTRA CHARGE FOR CUSTOM COLORS
Old 07-03-2002, 10:12 AM
Registered

does it have to be one color only or can you do splatter paint. For example I'd like to have a swim platform with a white base and then red, black and yellow splattered on it.

Quick Reply: Powder coating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.