Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Can i get scammed with paypal ? >

Can i get scammed with paypal ?

Notices

Can i get scammed with paypal ?

Old 07-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once the boat is in the crooks hand, they can file a Paypal dispute stating they never received the item. ALL funds wil be held by Paypal and returned to the seller. This is a cliff notes version, but YES you can get screwed by using Paypal. Not to mention, Paypal will screw you by charging you a percentage as part of their fees...... Run, Forest RUN!!!!!!! Why would the buyer ever offeryou more maoney than you are asking? If that doesn't see a bit out of whack, then I have a few bridges for sale........

Last edited by low_psi; 07-01-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

That link is a FAKE Paypal account, don't put any of your info in there, if you do then they'll have your email & your password.....
Old 07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get about one of those every two weeks. I would mess with them constantly. Agreeing to everything, then I would change up something, it would drive them nuts. I found most came from my craigslist ads.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paypal ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS sides with the buyer, NEVER the seller!!!!

PayPal- if you haven't been screwed as a seller that means it is still coming..
Old 07-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Its totally legit dude, whenever I buy a boat, I don`t have the time to look at it ( its only $180K i have that in my couch cusions) I just pick something online that looks good then offer a bit more than the seller is asking.
Then i send my 'agent'.. I prefer 007
Old 07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

why in the world would any one take payment from paypall on that large a purchase . you must like giving youre money away ... i hate paying paypall for small chit
Old 07-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32

P.S Kindly ignore any similars email you received they are all my mate workers.

Mate "workers".....LOL! Mate "scammers" is more like it!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Once the boat is in the crooks hand, they can file a Paypal dispute stating they never received the item. ALL funds wil be held by Paypal and returned to the seller. This is a cliff notes version, but YES you can get screwed by using Paypal. Not to mention, Paypal will screw you by charging you a percentage as part of their fees...... Run, Forest RUN!!!!!!! Why would the buyer ever offeryou more maoney than you are asking? If that doesn't see a bit out of whack, then I have a few bridges for sale........
This is real problem even all smaller items. I spoke with Paypal and they said never accept Paypal without proof of shipping. Even on a real Paypal account of buyer they can file a dispute and say they never received the item. First thing Paypal will ask Seller for is proof of shipping. Buyer will be issued a refund without proof.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered

All a buyer has to say is they returned the item because it wasn't as advertised, send you an empty box with delivery confirmation (which you do NOT have to sign for) and they will win any dispute.

PayPal sucks and the only reason I have an account is because a lot of sellers use it.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

here we go again.. but with a different story... just got that couple minutes ago:

Hello Seller,
Thanks for the mail, i am buying this for my Son and i am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore i really want this to be a surprise gift for my Son so i wont let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him , i am sure he will be more than happy with it.I can only pay with paypal here, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap and please if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through.tell me more about the advert price is okay note well:
Pick up agent will come for the pick up as soon as i have made the payments, i would have loved to talk to you on phone but i am a petroleum engineer I work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.