Pirate Cove Expansion Continues

Notices

Pirate Cove Expansion Continues

Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,750 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Default Pirate Cove Expansion Continues

A cool place to hang out for the day on the Colorado River, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...continues.html.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy has nailed it!!We will stay in Laughlin and launch in Needles and stop here on the way to Havasu and on the way back and it is always packed,durring Desert Storm we could not get a spot to beach and there was 10 boats milling around like a mall parkinglot durring Christmas looking for a spot.It's a shame Lake Mead will never have anything like this due to the Feds running it,they could have a gold mine here also.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,750 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPJIVE9311
This guy has nailed it!!We will stay in Laughlin and launch in Needles and stop here on the way to Havasu and on the way back and it is always packed,durring Desert Storm we could not get a spot to beach and there was 10 boats milling around like a mall parkinglot durring Christmas looking for a spot.It's a shame Lake Mead will never have anything like this due to the Feds running it,they could have a gold mine here also.
I have to agree with you. I think the river is stunning and the boating there is great (Lake Mohave, which so few people ever get to because of its isolation I think, is incredible), but there are so few "destination" places. In Florida and all the way up the eastern seaboard, the choices are almost overwhelming. The Sacramento River Delta also has a bunch of them. The Colorado River? Not so much.

Pirate Cove is, somewhat unfortunately, unique in the Colorado River lake system.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah but hes right. The Army Corps is pretty much the Gestapo of the USA. Its like that across the country - they pretty much ruin everything, along with the rest of the governmental B.S. The USACE on one of my local lakes throws a fit if your dock is not within their specs.

Originally Posted by RIPJIVE9311