Exclusive: Hustler’s New 39 Rockit with Mercury Racing 1100s

Notices

Exclusive: Hustler’s New 39 Rockit with Mercury Racing 1100s

Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
the people that have Eddie's motors are not concerned that the motor makes 1,100 HP vs. 1,023 HP, they care about how many maintainance free hours (300ish) you can get with Eddie's 1,023 HP (knock on wood). There is a reason that Mean Streak did not opt. for the extra 77 HP mercs., and I can bet that it had nothing to do with $$$.
Do you honestly believe that anyone's, other then maybe the Smith Power rotary, engine will have a longer service interval then the most technologically advanced turbo, overhead cam'd engine produced to date? That is some good kool-aid

In all fairness to Eddie we can't compare the speed numbers until MS's Hustler has been tuned with the right props. Eddie has said it'll run 140mph with the engines set at 1100 so there's obviously a lot left in the setup/tuning.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Smitty, the 607 correction factor is pretty old. I think most of the newer dyno's are using 1349 with a friction factor. Mine's about 3 years old and that's how it's set up. I think the automotive oem's are on to J1995 or something now.
You (the operator) can set your dyno to whatever correction factor you want though correct? In speaking with every dyno guy around here and in past post where I have questioned Eddie I have been told they are still using J607, even if the numbers are a little generous because all the other engine builders like Crockett and similar use it. If Crockett built motors for the 505 fountain and used J607 when dynoing them and had 1000 peak hp then Eddie rebuilds them without making any real changes then dynos them and uses J1349 and they make 940 corrected hp (because of the 5-7% lower correction number)actually even though they made the same hp his customer is going to want to know WHY his motors APPEAR to make less even though they made the same. We all know in the end that how fast a boat ultimately runs is the real proof of how much REAL power a motor really makes. In the end if the boat dosen't run the number the customer wants the exscuses begin!!
Haxsby, what kinda dyno do you have and do you pay a operator or do you do it yourself? I have heard you are in volved in some big hp stuff, care to elaborate? What kinda rebuild interval do you tell your customers on your 1100/1200 hp offerings? My personal 1100 hp motor I tear into it about every 100-120 hours as a preventive measure and even with shaft rockers, premium springs, Dart big M, Cometics, ARP everything etc I always find something small that is on verge of failure , I wish I knew the secrets the the Pros like you and Eddie use to get 300 hours out of these things, Smitty
Old 07-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Do you honestly believe that anyone's, other then maybe the Smith Power rotary, engine will have a longer service interval then the most technologically advanced turbo, overhead cam'd engine produced to date? That is some good kool-aid

In all fairness to Eddie we can't compare the speed numbers until MS's Hustler has been tuned with the right props. Eddie has said it'll run 140mph with the engines set at 1100 so there's obviously a lot left in the setup/tuning.
I was comparing to the Merc. 1075 needing work at 50 hours or so, not the new Merc. turbo motor.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:09 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Keep in mind the merc 1100 39 rockit has m8's, which eat more power and have a little bit more drag. Also, I believe mean streak had his lowers blueprinted by wilson.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolerman
Keep in mind the merc 1100 39 rockit has m8's, which eat more power and have a little bit more drag. Also, I believe mean streak had his lowers blueprinted by wilson.
True, but they are raising the X on the Merc setup.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't doubt for a second that the 1100 Merc. boat is an incredible ride period !! Just by the few pics in the article it speaks for itself, and although Hustler has obviously built great boats in the past, it's nice to see them really step up their game, esp. in the times & season we live in.. So congrats to Hustler, Merc. and the Owner of the boat !! I also have no doubt in my mind, and common sense tells me that it will be a Great performing boat, not to mention that I would nearly give my Lt. nut to have it.. However I just don't get the pissing match & thread chasing thats been going on by some lately.. ??

I had the privilege of watching Eric's 39 Rockit and engines both progress along as they were being built (just as I have several of the other boats you guys seem so concerned, about and "seem" to have so much "firsthand" knowledge of) I also know for a fact that both Hustler & YPM both turned out an Incredible product once Again.. Not to mention that Eric couldn't be happier with his ride, and is a complete Class act !!! What gets me is the absolute lack of class & blatant attack on some other peoples part.. I have no idea if the owner of this particular 39 is a member here, or is reading any of this, ect.. ect.. but I'm guessing (and again, just a guess) that none of the people that seem to be so concerned have a horse in the race ???

"We all know in the end that how fast a boat ultimately runs is the real proof of how much REAL power a motor really makes. In the end if the boat doesn't run the number the customer wants the exscuses begin!!" As for this statement I'm curious who these people are that are so disappointed in how their boats are performing ?? Off the top of my head, and in just the past few days I have seen where you guys have mentioned Eric S.'s 42 Fountain, Eric's 39 Hustler, and the 399 Skater-V, and how certain people have tried to imply that they didn't perform as the customers expected.. Go ahead & find where any of those 3 that you guys have mentioned in another thread are bitc-ing about how their boats are either currently performing, or performed..??

I speak for me & me Only, so it is what it is, and will be taken however it's taken.. But when people do their best to attempt to dis-credit, or tear apart somebody who I have known firsthand over the past 5 orso years to continually bust his azz the way he does for his family, his friends, and give the time he does to help people out, while consistently making the sacrafices it takes to deliver a product to HIS CUSTOMERS at the level he does it's quite sickning to say the least..

I appologize in advance if some of my responce seems irrelevant to this thread, as a good bit of it is a responce to the b.s. thats been dished out.. However this thread got pretty jacked up real quick, so no real loss...
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
i don't doubt for a second that the 1100 merc. Boat is an incredible ride period !! Just by the few pics in the article it speaks for itself, and although hustler has obviously built great boats in the past, it's nice to see them really step up their game, esp. In the times & season we live in.. So congrats to hustler, merc. And the owner of the boat !! I also have no doubt in my mind, and common sense tells me that it will be a great performing boat, not to mention that i would nearly give my lt. Nut to have it.. However i just don't get the pissing match & thread chasing thats been going on by some lately.. ??

I had the privilege of watching eric's 39 rockit and engines both progress along as they were being built (just as i have several of the other boats you guys seem so concerned, about and "seem" to have so much "firsthand" knowledge of) i also know for a fact that both hustler & ypm both turned out an incredible product once again.. Not to mention that eric couldn't be happier with his ride, and is a complete class act !!! What gets me is the absolute lack of class & blatant attack on some other peoples part.. I have no idea if the owner of this particular 39 is a member here, or is reading any of this, ect.. Ect.. But i'm guessing (and again, just a guess) that none of the people that seem to be so concerned have a horse in the race ???

"we all know in the end that how fast a boat ultimately runs is the real proof of how much real power a motor really makes. In the end if the boat doesn't run the number the customer wants the exscuses begin!!" as for this statement i'm curious who these people are that are so disappointed in how their boats are performing ?? Off the top of my head, and in just the past few days i have seen where you guys have mentioned eric s.'s 42 fountain, eric's 39 hustler, and the 399 skater-v, and how certain people have tried to imply that they didn't perform as the customers expected.. Go ahead & find where any of those 3 that you guys have mentioned in another thread are bitc-ing about how their boats are either currently performing, or performed..??

I speak for me & me only, so it is what it is, and will be taken however it's taken.. But when people do their best to attempt to dis-credit, or tear apart somebody who i have known firsthand over the past 5 orso years to continually bust his azz the way he does for his family, his friends, and give the time he does to help people out, while consistently making the sacrafices it takes to deliver a product to his customers at the level he does it's quite sickning to say the least..

I appologize in advance if some of my responce seems irrelevant to this thread, as a good bit of it is a responce to the b.s. Thats been dished out.. However this thread got pretty jacked up real quick, so no real loss...
+1
Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Good information Smitty. I think the only person that would really care about which one of these motors makes more HP, or which Hustler goes 2 MPH faster, is Haxby as he could say I told you so. IMO, the people that have Eddie's motors are not concerned that the motor makes 1,100 HP vs. 1,023 HP, they care about how many maintainance free hours (300ish) you can get with Eddie's 1,023 HP (knock on wood). There is a reason that Mean Streak did not opt. for the extra 77 HP mercs., and I can bet that it had nothing to do with $$$.
We had great dependability with these motors in the 388 Slingshot, seven years and a touch over 300 hours. It was time to go through them last year and it worked out that we could put them in a new boat and then put it in the Miami Boat Show. Which was fun for us and hopefully help Joe (Hustler) and Eddie (Young Performance) by having it in the show. Over the years we have all became good friends to, which makes it nice. The Mec 1100's are really a dependable way to go to from what I hear and if we didn't know Eddie that's what would be in this boat.
Eddie changed the heads and ignition and went from a 3.3 to a 4.0 Whipple with a half pound of boost less than on the first set up. And gained about 140 hp per side, didn't really shoot for the 1100 range just what happened by changing three things, plus with less boost. I think at 9 1/2 lbs was 1189 on 91 octane gas, just by changing a pulley, that's pretty cool in its self.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
I don't doubt for a second that the 1100 Merc. boat is an incredible ride period !! Just by the few pics in the article it speaks for itself, and although Hustler has obviously built great boats in the past, it's nice to see them really step up their game, esp. in the times & season we live in.. So congrats to Hustler, Merc. and the Owner of the boat !! I also have no doubt in my mind, and common sense tells me that it will be a Great performing boat, not to mention that I would nearly give my Lt. nut to have it.. However I just don't get the pissing match & thread chasing thats been going on by some lately.. ??

I had the privilege of watching Eric's 39 Rockit and engines both progress along as they were being built (just as I have several of the other boats you guys seem so concerned, about and "seem" to have so much "firsthand" knowledge of) I also know for a fact that both Hustler & YPM both turned out an Incredible product once Again.. Not to mention that Eric couldn't be happier with his ride, and is a complete Class act !!! What gets me is the absolute lack of class & blatant attack on some other peoples part.. I have no idea if the owner of this particular 39 is a member here, or is reading any of this, ect.. ect.. but I'm guessing (and again, just a guess) that none of the people that seem to be so concerned have a horse in the race ???

"We all know in the end that how fast a boat ultimately runs is the real proof of how much REAL power a motor really makes. In the end if the boat doesn't run the number the customer wants the exscuses begin!!" As for this statement I'm curious who these people are that are so disappointed in how their boats are performing ?? Off the top of my head, and in just the past few days I have seen where you guys have mentioned Eric S.'s 42 Fountain, Eric's 39 Hustler, and the 399 Skater-V, and how certain people have tried to imply that they didn't perform as the customers expected.. Go ahead & find where any of those 3 that you guys have mentioned in another thread are bitc-ing about how their boats are either currently performing, or performed..??

I speak for me & me Only, so it is what it is, and will be taken however it's taken.. But when people do their best to attempt to dis-credit, or tear apart somebody who I have known firsthand over the past 5 orso years to continually bust his azz the way he does for his family, his friends, and give the time he does to help people out, while consistently making the sacrafices it takes to deliver a product to HIS CUSTOMERS at the level he does it's quite sickning to say the least..

I appologize in advance if some of my responce seems irrelevant to this thread, as a good bit of it is a responce to the b.s. thats been dished out.. However this thread got pretty jacked up real quick, so no real loss...
Well said...
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

"We all know in the end that how fast a boat ultimately runs is the real proof of how much REAL power a motor really makes. In the end if the boat doesn't run the number the customer wants the exscuses begin!!"
Pretty straight forward, true statement, wasn't aimed at any particular person. I bet the Merc powered Hustler impresses us all, Smitty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.