Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sandusky Ohio Barge Party   (WTF) >

Sandusky Ohio Barge Party (WTF)

Notices

Sandusky Ohio Barge Party (WTF)

Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

That sucks to here about the guy that put it on......... The barge party always sounded like fun......... Use to go there every weekend as a kid before all the trees and brush grew in.......... Now the boat only goes to one destination. It gets parked and the occupants have a good time on land... At one time lake Erie was the last place you could go with out getting hassled by the gun tooting 18 year old DNR's. Sorry to rant but, if those guys are going to inspect my boat, they better now more than me... Back in 2000, the didn't even know if their outboards were 2 or 4 stroke but they did needed to explain how important a red boot was over my red positive battery cable........... Those dudes are so way out of touch.... They should stick to knowing the LL Bean catalog............
Old 07-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
That sucks to here about the guy that put it on......... The barge party always sounded like fun......... Use to go there every weekend as a kid before all the trees and brush grew in.......... Now the boat only goes to one destination. It gets parked and the occupants have a good time on land... At one time lake Erie was the last place you could go with out getting hassled by the gun tooting 18 year old DNR's. Sorry to rant but, if those guys are going to inspect my boat, they better now more than me... Back in 2000, the didn't even know if their outboards were 2 or 4 stroke but they did needed to explain how important a red boot was over my red positive battery cable........... Those dudes are so way out of touch.... They should stick to knowing the LL Bean catalog............
I hear ya bro. Its pretty lame when you get pulled over by these punks, young or old, and me as the captain has more general boating knowledge than they do!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Registered

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. It is getting out of hand. I was hassled as well. Safety inspection sticker or not they where pulling you over regardless. How can I have the safety decal show them the boarding report and still be boarded to check again. Over a hour. It's crazy.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

Iv only missed a few barge parties but this last one will be my last one. Cops just trolling the outside, The stage was way to tame, way to many *******s ,I'm over it. If I'm gonna stand in pee water for 5 hours, there better be a decent band(I won't even ask for good just decent) and some nice talent on stage!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Funny - We got rocked the night before in Sandusky, got up early and got all rafted up, walked around a bit, then took a nap -- woke up at 6:30 and it was all over and everyone was gone!

Sucks to read that article - if law enforcement has an issue, why doesn't it contact the organizer in advance? Sucks.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Guys, guys, the government can't do anything we don't allow them to do. Coast guards only job is to guard the coast. Time to rein them in.......restore enforcement to the local municipalities..........with elected sheriffs. Hang their job over their head and remind them they cannot govern without the consent of the governed.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Registered

Default Not that I disagree with you...

...but watch what you wish for! A more subtle approach might work better.

Just playing devil's advocate here! and I am just using the noise issue as an example!

If the majority of the governed decides they like a sound level of 80 decibels and it becomes law. Now what?

If you then convince the USCG or sheriff to let it slide to 100, now you have a new revolt (so to speak) on your hands.

I am not saying this is true in Sandusky, but generally the next level up in law enforcement seldom steps in unless they have been asked to do so. If they just decide they are going to assist with no request, often there are turf "wars".

Not saying I agree or disagree, but the general feeling on this site is very different than many of the postings at http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sand...ed-barge-party

One last thought... remember we are not a democracy, we are a republic. The majority votes into positions of power people thought to have similar beliefs. If discovered they do not, then in two or four years there is the opportunity to vote them out.

We, as upper end boaters, are a minority. A minority with little chance to change thought patterns of a majority who shake there head when they discover that loud, fast boat uses 100 gph. Doesn't matter if it is jealousy or any other emotion, it is something we need to be aware of and contend with.

OK, another last thought. The USCG is exempt from the Posse Comitatus Act, which means they can enforce local, state and federal laws (in addition to their military activities) without special instructions. No other military service has that ability. They are the only service who falls under different departments of the government depending on situations.

Last edited by Florida Floater; 07-10-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

the promotor has pissed the city of sandusky off and they r after him and anyone supporting him that is why they were ticketing boaters that went . and will be worse next time
Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered

I had no desire to go to one of these in the past, but now feel obligated if only to spite the authorities.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
It's not just happening in your neck of the woods,its the whole Midwest! its the government doing it one way or the other,,all new laws taking effect and they are trying to tie our hands on whatever we do and im getting sick of it..i go to WI a few weeks ago and get pulled over for doing 1 mph over the speed limit,i asked why he was pulling me over and was told because your from Illinois..(easy target to get money out of because Wis is broke also)i fought with the cop and got him frustrated because the max speed on my gps was way lower then his radar gun was and showed that i never went over the speed he claimed i was going..so he threw his hands in the air and went to get my licence from his car to give back to me..

what ever happened to protect and serve??? they are all a bunch of extortionist scamming up out of what they can get for revenue...its only going to get worse unless we have a revolution so who is in???/ lol
mike,im in,fakin cops are out of control on illinois waterways,not to mention the local cops in kendall county[where i live]these azz clowns will stop you for no reason nowadays.i better stop before i get pizzed off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.