New Miss GEICO will race St. Clair

Notices

New Miss GEICO will race St. Clair

Old 07-09-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
Catmando-it is not a rotary engine.a few years ago a very promising Developement in a rotary piston engine-I haven't heard anything in a while but these would have revolutionized anything motor driven being only 100 pounds and capable of over 2000hp.my project is confidential right now-I will release info when I can.
Reminds me of the concept for torpedo engines....
Old 07-09-2012, 12:59 PM
JBS
Registered

Default JBS mystic

The JBS mystic (the new hull) had immediate lamination problems just like the old one-when mystic "fixed" the problem it immediately fell off the boat the first time it got into the water-my posts at that time were definately out of frustration.anyway-skater actually fixed the issues and haven't had any issues with the hull since then-so to answer the question "why they would want it?"-well maybe ask Marc why he bothered to call.the reason I know they called is that it is now better than its ever been and all turbines and running gear are all new and it is race ready-it's also the fastest t-53 boat in the world.if I wasn't getting screwed by most sponsors Im sure I would still be racing it.with geico dropping out of the turbine class maybe things might become available to us now that weren't before-who knows.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Moving back to piston engine may be the boost this sport expected from turbines until it became a one boat class.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Here's a link to little more detail (and a great Jay Nichols photo) on the team's plans, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...iss-geico.html.
The maratimo built hulls are very fast boats! They are built here in Australia by maratimo in their special race facility. These guys have dominated the Australian and European offshore circuits with their boats. The miss geico team will be very competitive with their choice of hull.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"...if I wasn't getting screwed by most sponsors Im sure I would still be racing it..." JBS

You still don't get it do you?? Hint; sponsors don't like loose cannons.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

omg
Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

so does that mean Qatar is going to be running by there self next year?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
??

Brian you left one out...
Attached Thumbnails New Miss GEICO will race St. Clair-delorean.jpeg  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:36 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Kurt Hamilton
The maratimo built hulls are very fast boats! These guys have dominated the European offshore circuits with their boats.
I would like to see the results from races that back that up? last time I checked Victory and Qatar were winning and not using their hulls? In fact they aren't even racing in Europe any more and didn't "Dominate" when they did?

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
"...if I wasn't getting screwed by most sponsors Im sure I would still be racing it..." JBS

You still don't get it do you?? Hint; sponsors don't like loose cannons.

+100.....sponsor this boat and this loudmouth becomes the face of your company/product. If your product has a failure, your own race team will trash you all over the web?? Where do I sign up?

You continue to blame the industry, products, failures, sponsors......everyone but YOU! Take some accountablity, and show some professionalism. Something tells me what ever your next venture is you will end up right back here, trashing and blaming someone else, or something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.