New Miss GEICO will race St. Clair

Notices

New Miss GEICO will race St. Clair

Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 AM
JBS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My fault

You guys are right-when the manufacturer of the hulls tell you publicly that these hull pieces falling off the boat are just cosmetic and there's nothing to worry about-then the boat sinks because of if-that's somehow completely my fault-you are on crack.
When you are told from turbine assemblers that you are getting "new" parts and "new" turbines then it turns out you don't have a single new part and they explode and/or melt down because of it-that's deffinately my fault for getting lied to.
When your "friend" shakes your hand and agrees to sponsor races then doesn't pay you-that's surely my fault.
When you have a 5 year $13.5M contract signed and recieve nothing is my fault-by the way he is in federal prison right now.
So you guys are always right-OSO is a haven of truth and everyone knows everything.funny thing is that almost all you geniuses probably don't even have a boat and/or surely have never owned a raceboat or even been to a race but somehow think you know everything about it.
This post is about Geicos new boat going to st. Clair-my response was that even though there is nothing I like about Marc or scott or anyone on that team-I still tried to help them out .its not my fault that they have a budget now and their investors are scared of turbines now.i think it's a cop-out. Any kind of boat can catch on fire.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
and/or surely have never owned a raceboat .
You are right, I do not own a true race boat, nor am I involved in a race team for boats......I don't have what it takes and EITHER DO YOU!

Turbine Race Boat checklist

-Deep pockets
-Ability to overcome problems without blaming or depending on others
-Headstrong
-Not looking to make money
-Smiling face and ability to thank sponsors publicly no matter what the outcome

Start your own thread about your next pipe dream, this is about a successful race team that just had a total loss on their ship and will be racing again in a few short weeks. In no way shape or form did they blame anyone, point fingers, or complain about the sport. They picked up, and moved on, and thank all that were invloved. Sponsors were waiting to help get them back up and running, because they want and need them out there.....good press for them, something you will never understand.

Do you think these other turbine owners haven't had problems? Haven't been lied to? Haven't had total failures? The difference between them and you is something called professionalism, they keep their mouth shut, find a solution, smile and move on. You blame everyone but yourself, point fingers, and wonder why you can't get a ride to help you?

You failed, and will continue to fail in the future unless you fix the real problem, your head.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:27 AM
JBS
Registered

Default fault

Let's see about this-these guys have rigged and re-rigged this boat themselves and claimed to be preparing for this event for weeks.they have safety teams,tellemitry,and should of had race control on top of that.how this happened is unfortunate,I can understand the loss-it does suck.but when it comes down to it-it was their own fault because they where the ones who rigged the boat and checked it out.yes-they should of had more immediate help-that's not their fault.
You can't give me crap for being misled and lied to.im a honest person-I don't have to lie.my reason for posting what happened is to help warn people and inform them of what actually happened and how these "experts" treat their customers.the only thing important to these people is getting your money-that's it.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

This is just like all of the local guys I know but on a much bigger scale. Here's how it usually works:

1. Guy with a ton of money buys boat and knows nothing about the actual build of the hull or engines but knows it goes fast.
2. Boat or engines break.
3. Guy goes to the shop who did the work and *****es them out.
4. Guy goes to all the local boat hang outs saying how so and so is a thief and hes got this new guy doing all of his work from now on.
5. Repeat step 2-4 a bunch of times and within a couple of years every mechanic or shop within a hundred miles sucks according to this guy.

Out of all the people I know, there's very few that understand anything mechanical can and will break if you beat on it bad enough.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 302Sport
This is just like all of the local guys I know but on a much bigger scale. Here's how it usually works:

1. Guy with a ton of money buys boat and knows nothing about the actual build of the hull or engines but knows it goes fast.
2. Boat or engines break.
3. Guy goes to the shop who did the work and *****es them out.
4. Guy goes to all the local boat hang outs saying how so and so is a thief and hes got this new guy doing all of his work from now on.
5. Repeat step 2-4 a bunch of times and within a couple of years every mechanic or shop within a hundred miles sucks according to this guy.

Out of all the people I know, there's very few that understand anything mechanical can and will break if you beat on it bad enough.
Step 6. Keep doing #4 until no one will work on boat.

Step 7. Devalue boat by spouting off until you can't sell it.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 AM
JBS
Registered

Default Thieves

Thats a funny comment-actually everything that happened lead us to honest,quality people so that's not true.also did you know that the next mystic project that got handled between the johns ended up that the guy had to pay for the boat in full and didn't get a boat at all because of them-if that's not a thief then I'm not sure what is.I'm definately not the only one that has gotten screwed-in fact you're be hard pressed to find anyone that could say anything good about them.theres a long list of lawsuits involving stolen turbines.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:55 AM
JBS
Registered

Default Another mindless post

Wahoo-here's another mindless post form someone that doesn't know anything and just adding more **** to this.
PPS has been working on my turbines since everything happenned and have been great-they are Totaly honest,helpful,informative,and fun to be around.
The other thing is that my boat is for sale but I don't have it listed and haven't put any effort into selling it.geico is the only people that have even asked me about it but couldn't afford it.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered

Back to the Geico boat please. Artie
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
geico is the only people that have even asked me about it but couldn't afford it.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, it seems as if it's a bit tough to keep a thread headed in the right direction these days...

I certainly am not the most "in the know" as far as any specific race teams, their opperations, ect..ect.. However of all the races I've been to that the Geico team was ever there over the past I can't tell you how many people I've seen them help out, feed, or even sponsor in some sort of way or manner, ect..ect..

I wish Marc, Scotty & All the countless others who have helped them, and they have helped along the way nothing but the best.. I have a great deal of respect for what they have done in the past, and continue to do !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.