Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How I spent my 4th of JULY >

How I spent my 4th of JULY

Notices

How I spent my 4th of JULY

Old 07-06-2002, 07:19 PM
Spanky

Well, lets see....woke up in my tent (yes I said tent) it's one of Uncle Sams so it's not to bad, air conditioned at least. Went to the Armory to get my weapon and worked in this God forsaken dessert I find myself in for just shy of 15 hours.

Ever sinse I got here earlier this year, I've been trying to access this board but with limited computers over here have had a difficult time. Now I'm getting ready to come home (about a month to go) and splashing the Scarab with 2 brand new motors I had done over the winter. I was able to put the motors in between the Dessert Warfare School back in the states and getting deployed here.

From what I am reading in everybodys posts (nice pics BTW) it seems everyone is having a good summer. I will be back to join you all next month (hopefully) and start my summer a little late. I plan on making up for lost time as I will be on leave for quits a while. Happy belated 4th to everyone!!

Old 07-06-2002, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Spanky......we all appreciate the job you are doing over there.......and dont worry......there will still be plenty of summer left when you get back.........
Old 07-06-2002, 09:21 PM
Spanky

Hey, no problem Spitfire...... I actually like kickin ass over here!! I've been here long enough though, it's time to go home. If I run out of summer, I very well might tow that ***** down to Florida for a little summer extension!!

Old 07-06-2002, 10:32 PM
Banned

Spanky, thank you for providing the freedom for us to celebrate this holiday! If you come to Florida, look us up.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Got on a diesel forum and got some info from the guys in the know. The 6.5 TD should NOT be alowed to get too hot and mine has twice. I had a problem with it blowing alternators untill I figured out what was wrong. When the alternator goes it would eat the belt that drives everything. Well it looks like I am going to change both heads and maybe do some other engine mods. ( hey you know my moto) But in this case it is broke. New heads - New 300 HP pump and injectors. And some cooling system mods.

And yes the new trucks are VERY nice- Looked at a black crew cab diesel that was loaded and it was very sharp-- $38000 out the door-- sticker was $43000. NO WAY - I am TOO cheap for that much payment. I but my boats and trucks 2 years old. Let the first guy take the big hit.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:31 AM
Registered

Well~It sounds like everyone had a "safe boating weekend" for those that made it out on the water!! Trust me...we know how it is when, you can't make a run, due to mechanical problems...it's very frustrating!!!

Tinkerboat~ sounds like you have something to "tinker" with now...but, I'm sorry to hear about it. Did you & your wife ever make it out on the water?

Spanky~Sounds like you are more than ready to fly over some waves!! Thank~you btw!!!

Payton~Sounds good to us...we would love to get together with Linda & You!! Let's make some plans!! (Did you guys get a new boat??? Why am I thinking that?? I think I did read a post awhile back about that??!!? Hey...It's the Clairol!!!

KAAMA~ (Thanks) We actually got set-up by mutual friends!!

MnFastBoat~ I take it you got really sunburt!!! We actually didn't get out on the river until 4pm...we were a little hungover...damn wine...thank god for the V-berth, though...It came in handy when the fireworks were over and we both looked at each other and knew it was the perfect time too nap!!! 2hrs later...we had a deserted launch area!!! (And all of the people out on the water thought we were using the V-berth for other purposes!! LOL...if they only knew!!!!) 2 days later...we were feeling much better!!! AAaaaarrrggggg!!!!

Uncle Toys~ They were actually VERY SAFE fireworks...LOL!!!

Spitfire~ Spitfire...Spitfire...Spitfire!!! I take it you don't just "read the articles"....LOL!!!

Troutly~ Sounds like you get the award for "Most Exciting 4th!"

Shane~ I've been doing my "normal"...drinking lot's of alcholic beverages and eatting pizza with extra Wisconsin cheese!! And sometimes I work out...I think I've been to the gym 4 times this summer...Todd keeps me busy, though...LOL!!!
Yes~I do believe we are going to the Thunder Run...What are the exact dates, though? I'll be working it in around school...so, I really need to find out those dates!!!
How's the boat coming along? (Gosh I haven't been on OSO in FOREVER!!!)

Cuda~ NICE TANS!!! I LOVE FLORIDA!!!

Baja Boss~ Responsibilities SUCK!!!

JASSMAN~ Wouldn't you like to know!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 08:09 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, Tracy

very very BURNT
peeling like crazy
I have tried 3 differnet types of sunblock over the last several years and I seem to burn from all of them. Not sure what to do.
I do not get out but once or twice every couple weeks so I never keep a base tan. burn, peal, go white, burn peel and go white again
Do you and Todd boat on the lower miss? if so we should get together sometime. People I boat with do at least 2 or 3 trips south. I missed the one 3 weeks ago but hopefully the next one.

BTW do you have a single sister
Seems I cannot find performance orientated women

Glad everyone had a SAFE weekend

Take care, Hugh
Old 07-08-2002, 08:11 AM
Registered

I think we should change your name to Racy Tracy.....yeah...I like it....what do you think???
Old 07-08-2002, 09:59 AM
Registered

Tinker.
sorry to hear about the truck problems.
Two cylinder heads ? I thought real diesels only have one (Cummins) !!! JUST KIDDING.

Thursday: Took the girlfriend and her kids out on the boat, tied up with Bill272, his wife (Freckles) and about 5-6 other boats in Muskamoot bay. Saw BRS,Milord and the lovely Boatchic (I hope your girlfriend his okay) . The kids and adults had a great time.

Friday: Delivered a boat (new side job) to Kentucky , 400 miles one way Good money though

Saturday: Girlfriend and I met some friends at there cabin in Houghton lake, had a great time there.

Sunday: Brought a boat back from Torch lake (side job)

It was a pretty good weekend
Old 07-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Registered

MnFastBoat~ Never been to the Miss. But, it could happen!!
No...no single sisters...but, I have some single Sista's!!! (Send pic's!!! LOL!!)

Quick Reply: How I spent my 4th of JULY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.