Notices

Havasu vs Mead

Old 07-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Havasu vs Mead

I am going to be in Vegas in October. Would like to take a day trip to one of these lakes and maybe rent a boat for the day.What lake would be the better choice?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by pm203
I am going to be in Vegas in October. Would like to take a day trip to one of these lakes and maybe rent a boat for the day.What lake would be the better choice?
on a saturday,havasu,more azz to look at.mead is cool also but its huge and you may run into someone every 1/2 hour or so..if your a people perso then havasu is it..
Old 07-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Havasu
Old 07-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mead is closer, but if you want to party then you're probably looking at Havasu. With Mead you gotta kind bring the party. Mead is way bigger, they have boat rentals, but they're POS boats. I'm not sure what all you could rent at Havasu.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Mead is closer, but if you want to party then you're probably looking at Havasu. With Mead you gotta kind bring the party. Mead is way bigger, they have boat rentals, but they're POS boats. I'm not sure what all you could rent at Havasu.
this place aint too bad....

http://www.funtimeboatrentalsaz.com/index.html
Old 07-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I am going to be there most likely on a Friday and will be with 2 other couples. Sounds like Havasu has more to see and do. Thank you for the tips and info.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

The natural beauty of mead can not be matched. Close to shore, and on top....the water is warm and inviting. At your toes, it is more like 60*....If your going with a partner and two other couples....havasu is a wasted trip. I love them both, but for very different reasons.

Havasu is like your bachelor party....

Mead is kinda like your wedding night....
Old 07-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Registered

Havasu..... Stay at the nautical inn ...you can rent there too... Great views in havasu ..... Make sure to go up river to pirates cove ....is very scenic it's a great trip.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Registered

If youre going in october the party in Havasu wont be going full speed so you might as well go to the better water. Mead is a great lake if you enjoy boating huge can run the boat wide open for 45 min plus without hitting shore. Havasu is a fun party and has bar and grills on the water but I really dont enjoy the lake itself very much. Low water obstacles and over zealous law enforcement make havasu trips kind of a chore for us .
Old 07-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Registered

I have boated both for 35 years and the posts here are all correct.Havasu is a party lake and Mead is a family lake so it depends on what you are looking for,Mead at that time of year is good as it cools down a bit but the water is still warm but it can get rough out there.Havasu has dirty water(weeds and silt)but there is nothing like running the river and there are resteraunts and bars,Mead has a few places to eat at marinas but nothing compared to Havasu.I boat Mead every weekend but we go to Havasu every chance we get.Overton marina used to rent Halletts and had about 5 of them then they closed it and split it between Calville Bay and Temple bar so they may still have the Halletts at one of them.Mead 45 minutes from Vegas Havasu 2.5 hrs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.