Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wife said, "we need a bigger boat." (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28051-wife-said-we-need-bigger-boat.html)

h2owarrior 07-08-2002 10:35 PM

Hey, congrats on the first big step to a bigger boat :D

I see a lot of Baja fans posting here. And the 25 Outlaw is a very good boat. Lots of performance, and decent rough water capability. An overall great value.

You did not say if you were looking for a fast boat, a weekend boat, a bow rider etc.

I would say that if you are looking for a 25-26 foot boat that is fast, handles rough water well and is good for a weekend, take a look at the 26 Velocity. I have a good friend who has a 1996 26 Velocity with a 502 Magnum EFI (415 hp) and during the TOPPS radar run on Lake Conroe ran 70.4 MPH. They have also taken a couple of week long vacations with the boat. The boat has lots of free board that makes the occupants comfortable.

Good luck with your search.:D

Griff 07-09-2002 12:55 AM

Originally posted by Eric1969
We started talking cost for a new boat and I asked her, How much she thought a 23 or so would cost. She said, well the 17' boat was about $17,000, so a 23' would be around $23,000.

My thought, THERE GOES MY NEW BOAT!!!:( :(

I'll sell ya my 1993 24 Outlaw for the 23k delivered.

RedWarlock 07-09-2002 08:11 AM

25' Baja Outlaw...

'Hey Eric, check out Atlanta Boat Brokers first. While I was looking for a "towable" they had a couple of Bajas there "REASONABLY" priced. I think they had a 25' H2X and a 27 Outlaw. Both were under $35k, if memory serves me correctly.

Good luck!
Tom

Eric1969 07-09-2002 10:59 AM

thank you for everyone's thoughts and ideas.

I should of been more specific on my needs/wants. Want a bowrider for the comfort of sitting up front, want 21'-23' for watersports and for trailoring. I am also very leary of buying a used boat. Don't know how it was used and driven before.

With that being said, I found a 2002 Islander 232 with a Bravo 1, 502 carb motor, labbed prop 4 blade with 23 pitch, nose cone, drive shower, tabs, bolsters, and $1800 stereo for around $41,000.

Sounds like a great deal. Oh yeah, 51.5 hours on boat. Owner is here in GA and wants a CAT.

Boat sounds great and very clean. Owner was very detailed in his answers and why he chose certain items.

Thoughts? What should I be asking? I am going to take for a ride, will let you know.

Thanks

Thoughts?

Baja232 07-09-2002 11:04 AM

I have a Baja232 Islander and absolutely love it. Of course I would like a bigger boat, but since I trailer it and were mostly lake boaters and tent campers, 23 is a good size for dragging around.

I think you get as big as you can afford!!!!! and if you have the proper tow vehicle or storage facility. I live an hour from the closest water and have to leave my boat ourdoors in the hot sun at a boat/RV lot, so I don't want a big / expensive boat yet.

Really think how you will use the boat, and how much you like towing.

Eric1969 07-09-2002 11:24 AM

Baja 232,

My storage unit is 2 miles from the lake. So I don't have alot of pulling miles.

I spoke with my dealer the other day and they said Baja is not making the 232 and 252 anymore. They will be replaced by the 242 starting in 2003. Interesting to me.

I glad you like you boat.